looking for a 110XS

white90

The search is over for Vals latest L/R many thanks to

Steve Gurney for finding it.

and Tim Jones for his invaluable guidance.

No problem, glad to help !! :rolleyes: glad it all came out in the wash afterall

right, whats the betting, front winch, wing top plates, A bar, lamps,snorkel etc etc !!! :P

LANDROVERDEF110XSUBR.jpg

Definitely not Alveston, well not unless the colour balance in the photo is seriously cocked up. Rimini is nicer anyway - my next new one will probably be a 110 Crewcab in Rimini Red, gonna leave it for a while to make sure the new Fraud engine doesn't have any horrible problems though ;)

I don't know why LR fit such carp tyres, there isn't a decent tyre on any of the vehicles these days. They even look rubbish, put a set of 265/75R16 BFG AT's on and it will look much better :)

I was out in one of our company 110s the other day, a nearly new one with the Michelin 7.50s they now fit on the new tubeless steel rims. It was a test drive so among other things I did an emergency stop and the braking - or lack of - was shocking - there felt to be much less stopping power (on a dry road) than the BFG MTs on my 90, and the Michelins are supposed to be road tyres... :blink:

Yep, ditching the General Grabbers transformed our 110, you would`nt believe the difference a set of 265/75 BFG A/Ts made.

Highly recommend the swap.

I just wonder what the point is of fitting tyres which

1) are rubbish on road (no grip)

2) are rubbish off road (no grip)

3) look rubbish

4) don't have good puncture resistance

5) don't have a good wear rate

And they aren't even cheap :blink:

What does the inside of the UK spec ones look like these days Tony - any different? Does it have the part leather seats? I see it has the silver plastic on the front so it must be a posh version, we only get black plastic here ;)

I've never found a problem with the TR's, the only place they seem weak is in wet road braking but then again trying to stop 2T quickly on wet roads does take some grip. I do tend to pedal my 110 quite hard especially on the bendy bits where I try to keep the speed up due to poor acceleration when trying to regain speed and don't find the grip lacking. When I had the BFG MT's on last week I had few 'moments' as I was more used to the grip of the TR's. Ok they aren't the best off road but they have never failed to pull a heavily laden trailer (about 2.5T usually) out of wet or muddy fields, which is all the off roading I ask from a road tyre.

But as long as people keep slating them and changing them for BFG's/etc then that suits me as it keeps the cheap nearly new second hand market well supplied :)

The search is over for Vals latest L/R many thanks to

Steve Gurney for finding it.

and Tim Jones for his invaluable guidance.

and all who offered help in this thread.

That is a very very nice Land Rover ...... congrtas!!!!.......

What does the inside of the UK spec ones look like these days Tony - any different? Does it have the part leather seats? I see it has the silver plastic on the front so it must be a posh version, we only get black plastic here ;)

TOP OF RANGE XS SPEC,,, Black Ripstock Half Leather Trim Brunel Grill & Headlamp Surrounds Aircon ABS/Traction Control Heated Seats Heated Front & Rear screens Electric front windows,Central Door locking 16 Boost Alloys Tinted Glass Airbag Bulkhead Deletion, Remote locking/alarm Cubby Box R.D.S Radio/CD

Likewise to Mark, never needed any reason to change the TR tyres, maybe i should try sometime, :unsure:

I've never found a problem with the TR's, the only place they seem weak is in wet road braking but then again trying to stop 2T quickly on wet roads does take some grip. I do tend to pedal my 110 quite hard especially on the bendy bits where I try to keep the speed up due to poor acceleration when trying to regain speed and don't find the grip lacking. When I had the BFG MT's on last week I had few 'moments' as I was more used to the grip of the TR's. Ok they aren't the best off road but they have never failed to pull a heavily laden trailer (about 2.5T usually) out of wet or muddy fields, which is all the off roading I ask from a road tyre.

But as long as people keep slating them and changing them for BFG's/etc then that suits me as it keeps the cheap nearly new second hand market well supplied :)

I had to get rid of mine in a hurry, after the 3rd time of deflating them to around 13-14psi they developed bad distorions in the sidewall, after re-inflating the last time I had trouble maintaining 80kph on the way home, as the steering wheel was vibrating very bad. They aslo squeeled like a pig whilst cornering on the tar, my camel which weighed a heap more than my current 110 cornered better. But after fitting the BFGs, it felt like it was on rails on the corners compared to the G/Bs. With the BFGs I normally deflate to 10-14psi and hav`nt had a problem yet.

Steve can you elaborate any on the above post please

Hi Tony

The boost alloys have a bad offset which means that the turning circle is not great. There is room to adjust the steering lock stops without the tyres rubbing on the radius arms.

You'd be surprised how much this adjustment helps.

Another solution is to fit 30mm spacers, that I know some owners have done.

Cheers

Steve

Nice one Tony, looks lovely. :)

...Heated Seats Heated Front & Rear screens Electric front windows,Central Door locking 16 Boost Alloys Tinted Glass Airbag Bulkhead Deletion, Remote locking/alarm Cubby Box R.D.S Radio/CD...

Airbag?

Chris

Saw on on ebay today 2005 silver

REF 330025073757

3200 miles 26 months remaining warranty £20950

and here

REF 140024624801

6500 miles 23 months remaining warranty £19900

John

John

The first is not a XS, only a LE silver !!,,

as for the second one,, smells a bit to me :( , vender sold a VERY simalar one a few weeks ago for 23K odd check links on the first page of this topic