AWDC Challenger4x4 Round 2 Slindon Safari

Hello you lot, sorry for the late post but my life has been consumed with the year end stock take for the last couple of weeks!!!!! It is horrible!!!!

Anyway all is good for Sunday at Slindon, I so hope that this bloody rain stops!!! Camping overnight on Saturday night as usual and caterers will be there from Sunday morning.

Entries as of today are as follows:

Class 1 - unlimited mods - no MOT

Team 4 - Richard Nicholson and TBC

Team 8 - Paul Church and Cliff Garrod

Team 6 - Ben and Martin Champion

Class 2 - More than 1 traction aid and winch + MOT

Team 2 - Steve Beck and Adey Bayley

Team 7 - Mark McMillen and Andy Pearce

Team 9 - Mark Sinclair and Roy Higgs

Team 10 - Steve Lait and Nick Slade

Team 11 - Rupert Dunne and TBC

Team 12 - Andrew Beck and Sean Rutland (presuming you got a MOT)

Team 17 - Kevin Moss and Tom Fall

Team 24 - Nick Shurrock and Matt Gomme

Class 3 - 1 Winch only + MOT

Team 1 - Andrew Wolfe and TBC

Team 19 - Henry Papworth and Sam Read

Team 23 - Aaron Couldrake and David Hyde

As you can see we still have plenty opf room for any last minute entries that might still be out there.

If you are coming and your name is not on the list please call me.

LRW will be at the event Saturday and Sunday this round, he will also be bringing a stack of magazines featuring round 1 for you to purchase if you haven't alreadfy got your copy!!!!

Any problems, please call me, look forward to hearing from you.

Lucy Bass

07836 713677

Well Adey's twisted my arm to chauffeur him down to Slindon, so looks like i'd better dig the old landy out and play Marshall Nick for the day.

Mr Beck did you say on the phone you've been working on your Truck ? !!!!!! Oh well that an early finish for you and Ade then lol.

See you all Sunday.

Nick

So... How was it for everyone?? Damp, seemed to be a theme for the whole weekend, but I still had a smile on my face!

Saw some excellent driving today from a lot of people and also a lot of kahunas from some given the conditions which turned some challenging stuff into madness!!

Missed the results, so I've no idea who came where, but well done to all... See you at Mud Monsters in May.

what a really good weekend despite the rain, i had my first taste of codriving and indeed my last as 17 stone is not designed to be running around all day and leaping in and out of muddy puddles :blink::D but after all that we had a good result with second in class with andrews new buggy performing really well with just a few mishaps :hysterical: see you all at the next round when my car will definitely be ready :blink: :blink:

Many thanks for Chris standing in at such a late notice after my normal co-driver let me down, he did a great job for his first taste of co-driving.

I feel it was a fitting team up as I was still building the buggy late on Saturday afternoon :hysterical:

Still lots to do to finish it properly , like calibrate the fuel gauge and may be tune the engine so it does not do gallons per mile :blush: .....

some great pics there gary shows how wet it really was and cheers andrew i think we done alright mate a good team up

i forgot to thank all the marshals for all their hard work and of course the challenger team for another fantastic event

RESULTS- ROUND 2

CLASS 1

PLACE TEAM DRIVER CO-DRIVER H/CAP% PUNCHES S/S BONUS PEN TOTAL

1ST 4 RICHARD NICHOLSON BEN KING 20 30 480 2880

2ND 12 ANDREW BECK CHRIS KELLY 20 27 470 200 2430

3RD 6 BEN CHAMPION MARTIN CHAM 10 8 420 100 1040

CLASS 2

1ST 7 MARK MCMILLEN ANDREW PEARC 20 31 490 100 2870

2ND 11 RUPERT DENNE NICHOLAS MILEH 20 22 460 2220

3RD 9 MARK SINCLAIR ROY HIGGS 10 21 90 1980

4TH 10 STEVE LAIT NICK SLADE 20 19 450 100 1870

5TH 24 NICK SHURROCK MATT GOMME 20 11 500 100 980