discovery 2 alarm problem

muddy4x4xfar

hi all iv got a discovery 2 td5 , for no reason wot so ever the alarm went off today, i unlocked it but it wudnt lock and when i tried to lock it the horn piped , i opened and closed all the doors and bonnet but it still happend . now when driving home a sign on the milliage screen started flashing which i cant findin the manual and the indicators wudnt work, plus i had to unlock the doors manually because the interior switch wouldnt unlock them, . i was hoping somone could recommend or give me some sort of idea on what could be happening,

does anyone know how to reset the alarm on them ?

many thanks all

I had this exact same problem 2 years ago. This is what was happening on my speedometer. It was hard to photograph as the sign was flashing on/off

post-19862-0-24821600-1335728785_thumb.jpg

As well as the door locks, the indicators, wipers and starter motor all started to behave irratically. The independant had it some 3 weeks and still couldnt find the problem. Even replaced the Becm chip. Turned out to be water getting in to the fusebox underneath the steering wheel. It was coming from the top of the windscreen, running down the pillar, onto the wires and into the fusebox that way. The fusebox itself looked ok from the front, it was only when the fusebox itself was dismantled from the disco you were able to see the full extent of the damage to the rear of it. Alt of the chip modules had fried as a result of water getting on them. I was lucky that the car didnt set on fire.

Hope this helps