• 4 months later...

NFU are stil the only ones who seem to be happy to cover all of my extras (toys - winch, solar panel and regulator, battery monitor, Webasto heater, fridge and even the gas hob!) hence I stay with them. I got a much cheaper quote ffrom Direct Line but they only said they'd cover what was in a standard 110 Utility cab defender of that age so I stuck with NFU (£410 with NCD protection £200 excess). As someone else mentioned I think who you get at your local NFU office can make quite a difference. They treated me with superb service but maybe that's because they have insured my Dads farm, all public liability on it (Cornish coast path goes through it), all his vehicles and all the properties for over thirty years.......

NFU are stil the only ones who seem to be happy to cover all of my extras (toys - winch, solar panel and regulator, battery monitor, Webasto heater, fridge and even the gas hob!) hence I stay with them. I got a much cheaper quote ffrom Direct Line but they only said they'd cover what was in a standard 110 Utility cab defender of that age so I stuck with NFU (£410 with NCD protection £200 excess). As someone else mentioned I think who you get at your local NFU office can make quite a difference. They treated me with superb service but maybe that's because they have insured my Dads farm, all public liability on it (Cornish coast path goes through it), all his vehicles and all the properties for over thirty years.......

Pretty much exactly the same here. They are one of the very few insurers that accept that a 110 CSW the age of mine is a factory 12 seater and thus insure it as such (not that i carry 12 people often, if at all). Most other companies, other than Flux, wouldnt touch it on that basis alone and that was before i told them what i had done to it!

I renewed my Ninety with NFU last month. My renewal has gone down, which is excellent news.

£275 for 3.9 auto, LPG, winch, rock sliders. That's fully comp with max NCD for me and 'er indoors, for SDP, commuting and business use too. Think the mileage limit is 5000, which is plenty for me :D