110 TD5 Rev Counter

Hi All

I am thinking about getting a rev counter for my 2002 110 TD5. But looking at the dash I have no space as I have from Left to Right I Have Speedo, Fuel and Temp Guages and no more space. where they fitted to a larger dash or am I missing out on something ? and is the wiring part of the existing loom or do you have to wire it in ?

Thanks

Richard

On my 2003 vehicle has speedo , fuel , water/temp , clock so when I got my rev count it came with mounting pod so moved the clock into it and mounted it on the dash next the ashtry ( at least the passanger can see it now aswell) and put the rev counter in it`s place

here`s a link which I used to wire mine in

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/TD5_rev_counter.htm

• 5 years later...

apologies for waking up another old thread, but I'm trying to fit a rev counter into my 2002 TD5 Defender. it is an original gauge. Pin 19 on the black ECU plug has a yellow with pink trace wire fitted (looks like factory fitment) I've connected the rev counter to this pin and it works, my question is - Whereabouts would I find the other end of the cable that is already in pin 19 / what would it be connected too? I cant see it behind the instrument panel. There is a yellow and pink cable in the instrument harness which goes to the speedo, but surely its not the same one as others would have mentioned it... any help appreciated

Edited by MBE_NZ

• 2 years later...