Electrical Issue.

Yesterday a new fault developed; it was raining which leads me towards 'short'; but it has not corrected. If anyone has some ideas on the cause it would be nice to not have to randomly check the entire system.

When I put my left turn signal on; the left one flashes and the dash indicator flashes. When I put my right signal on; all 4 flash and the dash indicator does not flash. In the past (before yesterday) they worked as hoped; but the dash light would flash full bright on left, but only dimly on right.

Discuss. :)

Thanks.

I did try agitating the hazard switch but I'll try removing it; I had the gut feeling that it might be the only place where the systems crossed over. The first thing I did was change the flasher.

Thanks.

The hazards work as expected; I think I'm going to be stuck tracing the system. I thought there might be something that would be obvious to someone who's had this happen; like a bulb going or similar but oh well.

OK; if this helps... if I disconnect the indicator cluster connector (left multiplug) the signals work as expected. I tried a 2nd indicator lamp cluster and it had the same behaviour. Full brightness when indicating left; but very dim when indicating right which is clearly because it is flashing all lamps vs just the correct ones.

Funny how typing something out often leads to the insight that reveals the answer. One of the pitfalls of working alone is not having anyone to talk things out with. I have discovered the 'cause' but it is odd and surprises me. I had to replace a fender skin a month ago; and the new one was painted right out of the box and I failed to notice it lacked the holes for the side repeater so I left it off to give the paint time to harden before drilling for it. When I removed the bulb from the right-hand repeater, the behaviour became all four lamps flashing on indicating both ways. I gather this is functionality that is in the electronic flasher unit itself; but why it does this and how it knows... I'll dig up the other repeater and plug it into the harness to confirm the behaviour.

So weird.