Front Bottom Spring Plate part number

Guys,

Can someone help me out with a part number please.

We removed the front shocks off my mates 1982 88in 2.1/4 petrol and found the peg which the bottom of the shock sits on is badly worn on the drivers side.

The front end version of this

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/2026/17/7/624084-SPRING-PLATE-RH-REAR.html

We've both had a look for part numbers and got conflicting information.

He's got

NRC3895 / NRC3896

And I've been looking at the part numbers in the manual on Retroanaconda and have come up with

NRC5541 / NRC5542

I've looked through all 12 suspension pages on LRSeries and can't find a definitive answer.

In fact, NRC5542 comes up as a part for a 109

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/19090/17/10/NRC5542-SPRING-BOTTOM-PLATE-RH.html

I can't believe these are that rare, so it must be us being numpties. Can someone help us out?

Thanks very much for your help.

IanB

Thanks for the reply Western.

Without wishing to get on your nerves can I push this a bit.

I've looked on the link you gave and for an 88" Axle Suffix E onwards the parts we should be looking for are [3] NRC3891 / NRC3892

if I read the manual correctly that is.

But a google search of NRC3892 brings up links for a the diesel variant.

NRC3892, bottom spring plate lh front series 3 88 inch diesel axle suffix e onwards for Series 3 - on the John Craddock website

The only other obvious option from that parts manual is item [1] [2] 624079 / 624080

but a google of that brings up 624079. Land Rover. 88" and 109" L/H Front Spring Plate for 4 cyl Diesel, 6 cyl Petrol and V8 Petrol engine models fitted with 11 Leaf Spring. - on JohnRichardSurplus

or

624079, spring plate front lh diesel and 2.6 for Series 3 on the John Craddock website.

So we're damned confused and looking at a possible 3hr round trip to Paddock if we can't get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your help so far. I really do appreciate it.

IanB