12v Fused Distribution Board

chadler

I'm after a reliable solution for the accessory wiring on my 90, currently I have one of these

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=170743050618

fitted and it isn't very good, the fuses wobble and make poor contact and it just generally isn't the quality I'd hoped for. It seems to be hard to find a single input fused 12v distribution supply box anywhere, can you help?

I've got one and had the same issue as you (loose fuses) - I whipped the back off the fuse panel took the fuse grippy things out and just nipped them up a bit, its been fine since.

Such sloppy wireing Jason, I would have expected better from you ;)

Mav

I'm building an auxiliary system using one of these...

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/relays/sockets.php#box (Modular fuse and relay housing system). I'm using the 5 slot version.

The maxi fuse module has a single 8mm bolt input that is connected to one end of each of the 6 fuse positions. I'm using one Maxi Fuse module as the first distribution step and then splitting the feed from three of the maxi fuses into a 20 way mini fuse module with the other 3 maxi fuses being available to feed the ARB compressor, fridge and a couple of 12v DIN sockets.

I'm using a 6 way micro relay module and a normal/maxi relay module with the maxi relay being used for the ARB compressor. The micro relays are being used for lights and anything else I think of. I've yet to decide what the remaining slot will be used for, I'm considering another Maxi Fuse module with a feed from the main battery.

I've got one and had the same issue as you (loose fuses) - I whipped the back off the fuse panel took the fuse grippy things out and just nipped them up a bit, its been fine since.

Such sloppy wireing Jason, I would have expected better from you ;)

Mav

Sorry Mav, I was rushed!!

Mine wasn't actually bought from that eBay link, it came from polevolt who are pretty reputable generally, although I suppose it's possible that I got a duff one. I'll try taking the back off and tightening things up. It does surprise me how few options there are for this considering how it must be a common accessory for anyone building a camper or expedition vehicle or for commercial vehicle conversions.

Agreed, I would also prefer not to have the annoying little screw connectors.

If you use 'horseshoe' terminal ends on your wires then you only have to loosen the screw of half a turn and slide the connector under, then tighten up again...simples

52929-10b4552e8278a48dd9b00e2578cbdcf06.png