Wiring diagram - custom !

Hi

Im getting closer to the point where I can start wiring my hybrid and it will be from scratch.

The car is a 100" chassis with a modyfied Light Weight body its to be fitted with a 200 TDI.

As mentioned above, then the wiring is do be done from scratch. It might not be difficult, but if anyone have done sort of the same and have made their own diagram, then I would very much appreciate a copy.

The car is for racing, but will be roadlegal.

What I will need is:

Instruments/dash

Control of engine

Lights

Fuel

Relays

Fuses

Fuel

Might have forgotten something ;-)

Planning wiring isnt what Im best at (by far), so any help would be great.

Thanks a bunch !

Morten

As advised follow a standard wiring diagram. Chose one for a vehicle most similar in terms of accessories to what you have, in your case one for a 200tdi 90 would seem about right.

If you use the same colouring for wires as in the wiring diagram it will make life simpler faultfinding later on, also if you concentrate on each individual circuit at a time and connect that up rather than try and run a whole bunch of wires at once it is quite simple. Think about where you are going to route the wires before hand and protect any potential wear points, if it is going to be a racer then its reasonable to expect it will have a hard life!.

Wire and connectors are quite cheap if you by whole packets, work out approximately what you will need then add a bit extra and order the lot before hand, I have found "vehicle wiring products" quite good but there are several companies out there. Also by some decent wire strippers and crimpers, you will be gratefull for them in the end.