LRO show

Paul Humphreys

Shh! I thought they were a secret X-eng development? :ph34r::o

Still, as the secret's out I guess I'll have 5 B) Do they still only come in units of 1? Can't be without 'em!

Great show guys, loved seeing everyone again and even managed to stay awake quite long! Some of the vehicles were fantastic, loved Moglite, Wills truck and the sound of Richards Racer B) :D

Dan's Camel now has his bullbars, he spent the whole day yesterday working on it and sorted out a few of the little problems. Can't wait until it's finished B)

Lookin' forward to 7S B) Must rember veggie burgers for Mr Lang.

Jen

thought not :)

i brought a Kelly Kettle, been after one for ages, bit like a cauldron :D and you can burn any thing in it!

got some good deals from site 4x4 ( can i say that?) for club members

some water storage tanks for the series ( more mods for overland trips)

some more tenting equipment (you can never have enough)

and boring bits and bobs that we needed to service both trucks.

I bought a few bits and bobs and a big six pack of blue roll, but with fuel and entry it doesn't work out that cheap overall (and I only live an hour away) especially as there didn't seem to be any great show prices. Still I only really went for a day out and to say hello to a few peeps, spent more time chatting than buying.

A crackin' weekend!

Got my nice shiny Allisport intercooler fitted (Cheers Andy :i-m_so_happy: ) Shame about the radiator, would have saved me on the way home up Birdlip Hill... thats a killer!

And as Jen said, finally managed to get hold of a bullbar ofr the Camel.

On the whole, I thought the show was ok... I liked the size of our club stands :D:D It was definately the busiest club stand I've ever been on, but then I think that was down to Moglite (oh, and our amazing hospitality :D:lol: )

It was great to have so many people turn up on the stand on Saturday night to say hello, have beer and burgers... :D

Fortunately for me and Jen, we weren't rotored in on the club stand until 11am on Sunday... when we woke up the paying public was already milling around :lol:

Still not enough traders selling service kit tho... all fine and dandy if you want bolt on bling, but what if your wheel bearing siezes up on the way there... or you need a thermostat. (By the way Richard, wasn't it Britpart, not Bearmach?) Nice to see MM4x4 there tho, last years show had a definate lack of big names.

I'm lookin forward to next years already!

D :i-m_so_happy:

Managed to get down to the show on Sunday morning for a few hours. 1st LR show I have been too so difficult to judge against any of the others

Picked up a few bits and pieces, but was suprised at how many of the traders did nt have stuff for the TD5, and I don't think the stuff I was looking for was too extreme

i.e

I wanted a set of diff guards and nobody had them for the TD5, which is a pain as I have to order them and have them shipped to Dubai, was also looking for a service kit same story

Never mind though enjoyed the few hours that I was there

Good to catch up with Bruce on the Tomb Raider stand and to see so many TR's turn out for the show, they all looked clean and shiny compared to mine

Didn't look very far then... We did.

Head just about stopped throbbing now!

Bloody good weekend - particularly hanging with the Shire club on Fri & Sat night. Met some good people - Rebecc....Sharon was funny! :ph34r:

Moglite was just awsome! The photos I've seen so far just do not give it credit. It is one of the most impressive machines I've seen yet and sets a high standard for anyone to follow. You can see the amount of thought that has gone in to the design & layout of EVERYTHING and the level of engineering & attention to detail is impressive. Hope it goes as good as it looks!

Got home a bit late - and very tired. SV managed 35mph up birdlip hill with trailer with no overheating (well done Alisport!) I'll think about unloading the Landy & trailer tomorrow - just too tired today.

Thanks all - particularly Chris for helping out on the stand.

Si

rebecca says hi see she said you'd remember her name!!!! fantastic weekend lots of good comments about my tomcat, me well chuffed. :) as for birdlip i manged 30mph all the way up towing the shire shed and no over heating see will what you need is a tomcat tee hee. only down side some idiot beat my towing mirror off just after leaving hay ho :(

mike

mmmm Birdlip Hill screwed my temp completely had to stop and let the bubbling niose subside, fortunately I don' t think that the engine is damaged. May not have happened if Bearmach who had the only thermostat for a 300tdi in the show would have sold it to me, but they wouldnt as they said it was in a new engine and they might forget to replace it before it was sold.

Shame on you Bearmach I thought the landrover community was about helping each other out :angry:.

Last weekend we were replacing a gearbox on a 110 for someone who was on their way to croatia and you guys couldnt even sell me a thermostat - My next project starting this month will require an investment of about £10k i can tell you that you wont see a penny of it!

The readers of this forum - make what you will of this post.

i thought it was the britpart stand that had a new engine they clearly don't know how to build. ;)

come on si bring on the X-tie the absolute must have for every offroader :D

mike

... as for birdlip i manged 30mph all the way up towing the shire shed ....

30 - 30 - I would have killed for 30 !! My truck was crawling in 2nd at 20 !! It wouldn't pull 3rd at all, and was revving like mad in 2nd. 1st is a crawler gear BTW, so its worse than it sounds.

30 - 30 - I would have killed for 30 !! My truck was crawling in 2nd at 20 !! It wouldn't pull 3rd at all, and was revving like mad in 2nd. 1st is a crawler gear BTW, so its worse than it sounds.

Chelsea Tractor took his elderly Transit and trailer to Bryn Hemmings to pick up his bobtail a few years ago - Bryn lives/lived near Gloucester. On the way home, Birdlip hill defeated the Transit altogether with the clutch slipping in first gear and the handbrake unable to hold the outfit. Apparently Bryn got a call from Jon, who was pushing the footbrake for all he was worth, and had to turn out and tow the whole shooting match to the top of the hill with his Landrover. :)

Chris

I had no trouble at all in the RR3 vouge

I think I crused at about 75 mph all the way up the hill.

while selecting what temp I wanted the climate control and playing with the satnav to relative silence apart from Radio 1's Reading festival on the superb ice system...

:ph34r::lol: