LRO show

Paul Humphreys

I had no trouble at all in the RR3 vouge

I think I crused at about 75 mph all the way up the hill.

while selecting what temp I wanted the climate control and playing with the satnav to relative silence apart from Radio 1's Reading festival on the superb ice system...

:ph34r::lol:

you tart :lol:

I had no trouble at all in the RR3 vouge

I think I crused at about 75 mph all the way up the hill.

while selecting what temp I wanted the climate control and playing with the satnav to relative silence apart from Radio 1's Reading festival on the superb ice system...

:ph34r::lol:

But did you pull at the top? :o:D

John

Thats probably because you bought everything that I wanted :D

I've had this before if your not used to the LR shows it is hard to find stuff.

I used to wander back to the club stand at billing and the new club member or people new to the LR show would say they had been looking for stuff I had got but couldn't find it anywere.

It is so easy to miss stuff at shows...

OOPs thanks to those of you who pointed out it was not Bearmach but BRITPART who dont sell thermostats at shows, even when they have one. (I have ammended the origional post)

Four of us did go round the other stalls but no one had any, except BRITPART.

The problem with running without one is that the housing wont seal without one, it has a rubber seal that sits between the housings and also the bottom button on the thermostat diverts the water flow to the radiator when the engine is hot. If you take the center out, the water will take the flow of least resistance, which I guess is round and round the engine and not via the radiator. Well at least it appeared to up birdlip hill, must find another way home mmmmm up to cumbria across to leeds and down the m1 now theres a thought :rolleyes:

got there at saturday lunch time after a heavy night in shrewsbury! Got a job there at the mo so i drove the van. Lots of very tidy motors,bit bored with the cobleys now.great motor the ibex but not interesting enough any more. p.s are the ibex still available???

got alot of insperation for my 100" project which was started on my return on sunday with the body and rear chassis being removed in record time due to liberal use of the 9"!

Didn't realise that the fuel pump wires ran through the pillars but a bit of twin and earth allowed me to drive it round the paddock roofless!!

Shires was impresive and the tubular racer near the auto jumble? whats the advantage of running hockey sticks at the rear?

i'll be ther with the 100" next year i hope but i will miss the aircon of the van.

got there at saturday lunch time after a heavy night in shrewsbury! Got a job there at the mo so i drove the van. Lots of very tidy motors,bit bored with the cobleys now.great motor the ibex but not interesting enough any more. p.s are the ibex still available???

got alot of insperation for my 100" project which was started on my return on sunday with the body and rear chassis being removed in record time due to liberal use of the 9"!

Didn't realise that the fuel pump wires ran through the pillars but a bit of twin and earth allowed me to drive it round the paddock roofless!!

Shires was impresive and the tubular racer near the auto jumble? whats the advantage of running hockey sticks at the rear?

i'll be ther with the 100" next year i hope but i will miss the aircon of the van.

Yes according to Mr Haynes who was dibating weather to have his hybrid rebuilt into a Ibex.

He had the yellow soft top on the shire stand

His Hybrid is a very sorted to as it is.

Its a racing thing makes the ares more stable at speed (when the back end bounces up its much easier to control the landing) I'm not so convinced about its use on a challenge truck...

Sounds like I missed a good 'un :(

Rich - what is it with you and breaking down at shows? At this rate you'll get a reputation - a bit like Nay with stickers. :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure running a TDi with no stat is a Bad Thing, you get cavitation/steam in the heads and they really don't like it.

Can people stop banging on about Mike's tomcat, he won't be able to get his head through the door. Andy and Moglite you can talk about all you like 'cos other parts of him don't fit through doors anyway... :lol:

. Andy and Moglite you can talk about all you like 'cos other parts of him don't fit through doors anyway... :lol:

Hey Jon i know Andy but seems you know him better than me :) . Is this info from your own experiance or you been talking to guy and nigel :) do they know somthing we don't :lol:

Hey Jon i know Andy but seems you know him better than me :) . Is this info from your own experiance or you been talking to guy and nigel :) do they know somthing we don't :lol:

Who - What - Where...

Did I hear my name mentioned?

Jules - your turn to put kettle on :P

Sounds like I missed a good 'un :(

Rich - what is it with you and breaking down at shows? At this rate you'll get a reputation - a bit like Nay with stickers. :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure running a TDi with no stat is a Bad Thing, you get cavitation/steam in the heads and they really don't like it.

Can people stop banging on about Mike's tomcat, he won't be able to get his head through the door. Andy and Moglite you can talk about all you like 'cos other parts of him don't fit through doors anyway... :lol:

john you missed a realy good week end! :D yes rich broke down, yes i bought more stickers and yes i have put them on the right way up this time! :hysterical:

Oy you lot rich did not break down, he had thermostat trouble and couldnt get another one, I want it recorded that I made my own way there and my own way back without the aid of others, and towing the trailer. That is dummy out of pram - but only cos the racer is going on monday its sold {sounds of sobbing as he exits left}