300TDI Sale Advice Please.

V8defender90

Hi, Thanks for your time. I currently have a 300TDI 1997 slightly modified which needs some welding. The vehicle has no tax (sorn) or MOT.

If i was to sell the vehicle as a whole, what are they fetching these days?

Cheers

Matt

Trade £695 then selling between £1070 - £2595 for a 300 tdi according to LROs used prices info, but as for yours, at the monent scrap value at around £350 the same my mate got recently for his RRC with an MOT but with a blown head gasket.

Cheers, It would be a shame to break it up to be honest. Below is the list of modifications on the motor:

Land Rover Discovery GS 300 TDI 1997

Mileage: approx 120k (will check & update)

I have owned this discovery for 2 years and it has been a great motor but time has come to move it on as I don’t have the funds to complete my project due to being un-employed.

I have modified the vehicle slightly with the following:

Southdown snorkel

Extended breather kit (axles, t-box & gearbox)

Steering Guard

Diff Guards

200TDI Rear Prop

Terrafirma Bigbore +2 shocks (6months old)

Bearmach Heavy Duty +2 Springs

Rear Dislocation Cones (adrenalin 4x4)

Extended Bump Stops

50mm Braided Hoses

EGR removed

Heavy Duty Steering Bars

Extended Arches

Roof Lights

Modified standard front bumper (with spots)

I have also added a Turbo & EGT Gauge.

It does need some work doing to it for the MOT:

The sills, mainly rear outers have disappeared & the front passenger side sill has been bashed slightly due to off roading. I was going to just replace both sills with a 60x100 3.2mm section. Boot floor looks ok but the side pieces need attention.

Personally I had it all worked out how I was going to tackle the problems but funds aren’t around to continue. At this current time the vehicles interior has been stripped out ready to complete the work. I am reluctant to sell to be honest, If I had somewhere to store for a while then I would keep it.

Currently Sorn & No MOT

Financially it would probably pay to fix it up and MOT it if you can do the work yourself and are confident it would be straightforward. However, with the mods it's obviously been used off the Tarmac so would only attract a certain audience. Let's face it, most Disco's don't do serious off roading, just a bit of mud and some towing!

Dave