Where to put a eberspacher on a CSW?110

Hi Ive brought an ex bt eberspacher diesel night heater, its one that plumbs into the heater system,

I was just wondering where people have put them in the past? I've heard in the battery box but didn't really want to put there any ideas?

My son had one in his 110 hardtop, it was mounted at the rear rh side on the wheel arch right at the back with the exhaust coming down behind the rear wheel. Worked well inside the vehicle, the ony problem was that after once some paticularly vigorous off-roading the exhaust had to be cleaned out to remove all the excess mud that was blocking it.

If it plumbs into the heater system (like a webasto), then it would probably need to go in the engine bay to make the plumbing easy like poohbears thread here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=72421

If its an air heater, like mine (mines a D1LC), then i fiund under the second row seats was perfect. Mine is fitted as in Gromits thread here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=18347

Have a look at my project page for where I mounted mine. I was aiming to get the engine hot first as opposed to the cab http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=65212

But you can plumb it differently depending on your preferences. Good and bad point from my experiences. Can use the Ebersacher water pump to get rid of airlocks when refilling the rad, however you can introduce far more when you mount it up high... DOH. Mounted as best I could with what I had.

Suggest you spend some serious time deciding how you want to mount it all up first before you start cutting pipework etc. I got the adapters from ebay and are AP something silicone ones.

And yes I realise the silencer is going to come off on the first real bump.... But again worked with what I had and will mod when it falls off. On the plus side the passenger footwell heats up nicely :P

What model Eberspacher are you fitting? I am just about to fit my D2 Airtronic, as I have a a TD5 I don't have space under the front seats so am going to put it under the 2nd row seats.

Jason.

Thanks for the ideas guys , It's a DW5 Jason it's from an ex BT Van it isnt the hot air type but a water one and deigned to plumb into the vehicles plumbing system to warm the engine up, it automatically turns of at set temp, but my idea is for it also to run an Auxillary heater inside of the truck as well, ideally want it out of the inside of the vehicle, little worried about carbon dioxide poisoning! Plus will be best under the bonnet, didn't think it would fit, but thanks to some above posts I now know it will

Ah, I have a DW5 but am away at the moment so can't take any photos it is under my bonnet next to the heater, again TD5 but there is space there it's mounted to the wing next to the heater matrix. The exhaust goes out into the wheel arch, don't think you need to worry about CO2 poisoning as it vents really well via the exhaust,

Jason.