200/300TDi door differences?

I picked up a very good condition ex Royal Mail 300TDi D90 near side door over the weekend to replace my rusted out 200TDi one. The 300 version has a door seal pop riveted to the underside of the door, whereas my old 200 does not have this seal fitted. Is this standard fit on a 300TDi or is this a Royal Mail upgrade?

Also, what is the best glue to use to stick the glass to the white glass holders that are attached to the winding mechanism? I have tried evostick but it does not seem to have enough strength.

Thx,

Nigel

Guest diesel_jim
I picked up a very good condition ex Royal Mail 300TDi D90 near side door over the weekend to replace my rusted out 200TDi one. The 300 version has a door seal pop riveted to the underside of the door, whereas my old 200 does not have this seal fitted. Is this standard fit on a 300TDi or is this a Royal Mail upgrade?

Also, what is the best glue to use to stick the glass to the white glass holders that are attached to the winding mechanism? I have tried evostick but it does not seem to have enough strength.

Thx,

Nigel

Not from Ridgeway 4x4 in Swindon per chance?

Guest diesel_jim

Richard had a couple of red ex RM 90's in there several months ago. they originated from Scotland, and the (replacement) seatboxes were already rotting through on the corners.

check the doors for corrosion, i think the rest of the vehicles, from what i saw of them, were permanently covered in cow poo.

He also had the VIN plates,number plates and paperwork safely stored in an elastic band too.... :rolleyes:

Richard had a couple of red ex RM 90's in there several months ago. they originated from Scotland, and the (replacement) seatboxes were already rotting through on the corners.

check the doors for corrosion, i think the rest of the vehicles, from what i saw of them, were permanently covered in cow poo.

He also had the VIN plates,number plates and paperwork safely stored in an elastic band too.... :rolleyes:

Luckily the door i got was remakably free from any major corrosion. It just needed a small spot of welding in each corner, which my neighbour did for me yesterday and once i replace the window channels it will be as good as new. Even the colour is identical to my D90. All in all, one of my better buys and at a very good price.

Nigel

Guest diesel_jim
Luckily the door i got was remakably free from any major corrosion. It just needed a small spot of welding in each corner, which my neighbour did for me yesterday and once i replace the window channels it will be as good as new. Even the colour is identical to my D90. All in all, one of my better buys and at a very good price.

Nigel

Crikey! you did well!!! :ph34r::ph34r::rolleyes: