LHD Conversion

Greetings to all.

I've been asked to convert my 110 to left hand drive as i've sold it to a guy in the states.Apart from the obvious steering box,axle knuckle,heater box.

i've had the thought of just copying and cutting out the opposite footwell for brake/clutch/throttle and cutting out the other holes then just welding up the redundant holes.

Unless the likes of "Ashtree" can sell me a LHD galvanised bulkhead.

apart from dash parts which he has said he can get to me,are there any other obstacles which other people can think of.

many thanks

Ralph

heater is opposite hand, intake duct for same,

wonder why he can't do it once the vehicle is stateside. a big ask for you to convert it, also the vehicle must be over 25 years old before it can be imported to USA, 15 years old for Canada IIRC.

What are you going to do with the loom? I've heard of Discovery owners just removing it and turning it over as it where... just be carefull of re bending the wires as old ones might not like it. My original 86 bulkhead I think actually had the cutout's etc for a direct lefty swap, rather clever if you ask me. there;s probably a blathora of bracketry you need but wont know it until you find it...

Mav

If you're/he's picky, you'll need to change the wiper arms and swap thier positions (but it's not really that important!); I think the same wiper motor does LHD/RHD. The loom is not a problem... If you have PAS, I think you'll need new hoses...

+1 with western Ralph, why not do it over there?

It'll cost him about £2000 to get it done over there and I didn't think it would be too much to change the bulkhead.my only concern was sourcing the parts.he said he'd rather pay me to convert it before it gets shipped over.I'm not fussed on the welding side of things plus I'd get it hot dipped before re-assembly.plus he's got another one which may need doing as well.

I think he's made a bit of a business importing 110's.the price he's paid for mine he'll double easily when it sells over there.

It could be a bit of a money maker as I spoke to him last night and I tried to convince him into filling a 20ft container.the prices he can get over there for parts is ridiculous.he sold a set of 4 110 doors for $3000.

If I can't source the parts then it's a no go from the outset.