twin volt gauge

hi, i am looking at fitting 2 volt gauges to the 90 to monitor the 2 optima batteries but when i look at info on fitting a gauge the concensus is they wire to the ignition and not the battery but i want to monitor both batteries so does anyone know of a way to do this?

would prefer to use gauges if possible.

got 2 VDO voltmeters in my 110, one replaced the factory fitted LR gauge [it's a 110 County] the 2nd monitors my 2nd Odyssey battery for the winch,

I wired the 2nd batt voltmeter via a 4 pin 30amp relay & it's ign controlled, so the gauge switches off when ign is off.

here's how my relay is wired, the note at the bottom refers to the pre Td5 dash warning light panel.

batterygaugerelay2.jpg

main battery voltmeter on my truck is wired into one of the ign controlled White wires as LR did, 2nd voltmeter is wired as per my diagram above, you could go from the isolator switch to voltmeter but you'll only see that voltage when the isolator is switched on.

or buy a National Luna twin volt meter.

uses LEDs, connect straight to battery terminals via a mini blade fuse and you can turn it on/off at the instrument face and even have an alarm on 1 or both when voltage drops into the red. All wiring included to.

Its been great for the last 4 years.

G

or buy a National Luna twin volt meter.

uses LEDs, connect straight to battery terminals via a mini blade fuse and you can turn it on/off at the instrument face and even have an alarm on 1 or both when voltage drops into the red. All wiring included to.

Its been great for the last 4 years.

G

Until it goes wrong in the bush. Three days lost. I will try to sit on my hands where that company is concerned.

I thried the three way switch on my twin battery set-up. For some reason it didn't work....

Now I have a volt meter on the main battery and an Engel switch/ volt meter/ low battry cut off fitted. Works fine.

Until it goes wrong in the bush. Three days lost. I will try to sit on my hands where that company is concerned.

I thried the three way switch on my twin battery set-up. For some reason it didn't work....

Now I have a volt meter on the main battery and an Engel switch/ volt meter/ low battry cut off fitted. Works fine.

you must be refering to the 'kit' there Mike.

The voltmeter wont stop anything by itself. You can buy them on their own for around £50.

G