Is Britpart Really That Bad

mcc1979ian

It's all very well making a list of parts but if you don't list the quality type as well it means nothing. Britpart stock cheapo naff but they also stock OEM parts with a 'G' suffix to part numbers. If that fact isn't included in a list, the information is worthless

Here's the exact item ordered for my CV, turns out it's been on 6-ish years http://www.paddockspares.com/cvkit9-cv-joint-kit-defender-non-abs-and-abs-from-vin-la930456.html

Do not, under any circumstances, buy a Britpart exhaust, the one I fitted last year appears to have been made out of rust....

I'd agree ours is only 18 months old and looking seriously ropey. I bought it because it was the only one I could get at the time but never again.

Mike

Did the cheapskate's version of that in the end on my first RR - bought an MOT failure with a stainless exhaust, swopped them over and sold the MOT failure on. Wasn't entirely a success though - the Y-piece was mild steel and developed a cracked weld, and it had a stupid long tail pipe which I had to have modified. It was also a bit loud for my taste.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys

Just new here but got Britpart Wolf style light guard part number DA4400

Anybody had a go on them?

Whoever designed the fitting system and installation instructions have a serious psychic health issue and should be shot, I mean REALY?????

It would be technically impossible to make this more complicated and most likely weak and even if I tried I don't think it can be done...

Ah, well, bag going in the rubbish now I think and will make a new fitting system instead

So yeah, cheap is cheap, cheap aint good....

I wonder why Britpart make stuff so cheaply - too cheaply.

Recently had to change my bonnet release cable - a Britpart one I fitted a couple of years ago, everytime I opened the bonnet the handle came out a bit further, the outer cable was just a plastic tube and was compressing.

My options were another Britpart cable for £3 or genuine for £23!

So I bought some bike outer cable which has an outer plastic skin, spiral alloy body and inner liner for about £3 and made my own from the Britpart inner.

Why doesn't britpart use decent quality materials? they could then achieve a reasonable quality and still undercut LR prices easily.

I don't understand why they always go for the absolute cheapest price irrespective of quality.

25 minutes ago, Kevm said:

My options were another Britpart cable for £3 or genuine for £23!

So I bought some bike outer cable which has an outer plastic skin, spiral alloy body and inner liner for about £3 and made my own from the Britpart inner.

Well who was charging 23 quid. I bought a new Defender release cable from my Land Rover Dealer on Friday. £18.?? Genuine of course, NOT made by Land Rover but by some nameless company in Hungary  ! ! !

On 11/09/2016 at 11:59 AM, mmgemini said:

Well who was charging 23 quid. I bought a new Defender release cable from my Land Rover Dealer on Friday. £18.?? Genuine of course, NOT made by Land Rover but by some nameless company in Hungary  ! ! !

On Paddocks site the price varies depending what model from £2.10 (mmm, excellent quaility) to £22.49

It would cost me another £20 in diesel and 3hrs to go to my local dealer.