Warn 8274 brake assembly circlip

eddie c

My 8274 brake assembly fell to bits at the weekend, the circlip that keeps it all together failed, I managed to find all the bits apart from the circlip. Does any one know what size or part number this would be and would I be able to get it from local factors.

ED

My 8274 brake assembly fell to bits at the weekend, the circlip that keeps it all together failed, I managed to find all the bits apart from the circlip. Does any one know what size or part number this would be and would I be able to get it from local factors.

ED

Warn part no. is 35028. Don't have one to hand anymore to measure it up for you, but hopefully someone else can help.

It has to be fitted with flat side towards the brake assembly or it can come off. One way to stop it is to mod like Gwyn Lewis suggests for his heavy duty brake pads. See here...

http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk/page48.html

Cheers

Steve

Yes I found all the bearings and all the rest of the bits, but I think the spring came off at speed and could have been anywhere. I will be doing the same modification as show on Gywn Lewis site once I get a new circlip.

ED

ive drilled and tapped the shaft (bloody hard by the way , cobolt will not tuch it , tugsten does a bit !! )

and machened up a spacer thats counter bored fits over the shaft to the far end of the circlip grove

, rather than use sum thing to hold the circlip ,

will try put a pic up tommorrow , show you what i mean ,

but my circlip is there from the service kit i fitted and as long as i can find it your welcome to it :)