V8 change of plan

ok so i went a bit mad and started looking at small block chevy engines for the 90 but learnt its way too complicated for me so have opted for a 3.9 v8 on carbs

there is one localy so if i can get the funds quick enough i'll have it but the question is what else do i all need to make it run other than the usual radiator, wiring loom etc

all help much appreciated

p.s i dint wanna have to mod the bulkhead or seatbox so wanna continue to use an lt77 box

You don't mention what engine you currently have. You shouldn't have to start modding a Defender bulkhead for a V8.

It's easy to mod to an R380 tunnel if you decide to go for that, or an auto. Genuine kits for tunnel conversions are available from Keith Gott.

For carbs it is dead easy, fuel supply and return, use the engine's own loom and join it to the vehicle loom as necessary. If you are already a petrol powered most of the electrical circuits will be ready and waiting.

Before anyone else says this: why 3.9 on carbs? EFI is pretty straight forward (if you have all the bits and they work), and will give better MPG and BHP!

less electrics wi carbs or so i was led to believe, currently its fitted with a 200 tdi disco engine - lt77 box and lt230 disco transfer box

the engine im looking at already is fitted with brand new edlebrock carb and on just enquiring again have found out it has high lift cam and has just had a full rebuild

Then the edlebrock carb will be a pig for flooding when at any angles other than level :lol:

OK(ish) for road use, but awfull off road,

Been there tried one gave up, and Holley 4 barrel is as bad (even with the 'off road kit' added :lol: )

SUs better than Strombergs, EFI better than either, aviod flapper (early 3.5s) go for a Hotwire system

Nige