2.25 petrol power/torque specs (dyno)?

Chicken Drumstick

The n/a t16 is 138bhp at 6000rpm, and 136lb/ft at 2500rpm.

Its very revy engine so you would need to gear it right for the engine.

see here for detials:

http://www.aronline....m-and-t-series/

Thanks. Revvy yes, but the 16v extends the operational range. So I'm wondering if it actually makes the same or better torque than the old 2.25 at low rpms (1500'ish). If so, then I would perform as good or better at low speeds and simply have more grunt the higher the rpms. At least that's my current train of thought. All I've found for the 2.25 so far is PEAK torque 119ft-lb @ 1500rpm and PEAK power 70hp @ 4000rpm.

On the basis the T-Series has quite a flat torque curve and makes more PEAK torque, I'm gussing there's a chance it might also make around the 115-120ft lb mark @ 1500rpm.

I don't think the 2.25 makes peak torque at 1500rpm. More like 2000 with the diesel at 1800 iirc.

Honestly don't know. Got the figures from Carfolio, but not seen them posted elsewhere.

Either way it's looking good for the T-Series, more power, speed and mpg at no deficiet to off road performance vs a stock 2.25.