Billing is Dead!!

keithjh

Been told no hook -ups and generators not allowed, cold beer at a premium then!!!!!!!!!

Keith

Keith - is that no generators for trade as well?

I think they ought to offer one or the other. Of course, the alternative is just an inverter and run your truck every so often! More noise, more polution - ideal!

All in, I dont think it will be too bad - They are right that the show had outgrown Billing. Hopefully they will get more than 1 shower per 1000 people and one or two extra bogs!

Si

Keith - is that no generators for trade as well?

I think they ought to offer one or the other. Of course, the alternative is just an inverter and run your truck every so often! More noise, more polution - ideal!

All in, I dont think it will be too bad - They are right that the show had outgrown Billing. Hopefully they will get more than 1 shower per 1000 people and one or two extra bogs!

Si

Hi as far as i know its just for the campers, obviously many of the trade stands need power. Just asked the "mole" who told me about the change of venue in the first place that generators are allowed for the trade stands.

Regards the toilets and shower blocks it has to be better than Billing nothing could be worse really.

Trying to find out about the off road course with their being 2 i presume one will be more testing than the other.

Regards Keith

Well, I should imagine this has split the field a bit.

Personally I like the Peterborough show-ground site, very secure. Decent toilets and shower block.

Shame we can't just have one massive show there.

Also heard from the retailers at P'boro show that they are going to organise their own show next year as fed up paying loads to 3rd party to show to us public. Means they cannot pass on discounts if its taken from them first to have a pitch.

Think we should all support this idea not - who has the best magazine with the most adverts event.

Peter

Steve Wells was wandering around at the Abingdon show this weekend talking about (his?) show at Manby? (Something like that anyway). The cost of stands sounds reasonable - but it's a lot further away for me!

Don't know if this is the one you are talking about.

The trouble is - it's just adding another show to an already crowded calendar. This year a lot of the shows were fairly quiet - this is not going to help matters!

A couple of people mentioned this weekend that they have attended other events at the new home for Billing and that the site is pretty good - facilities wise.

To be perfectly honest, the price we paid for billing was not that steep compared to the other shows. I have a feeling that some of the traders are using talk of high prices for stands as an excuse! If they reduce it, it will be good - but I wonder how many of the same traders will pass on the saving!

Si

• 4 weeks later...