Removal of the EGR on a 300TDi

Les Henson

• 11 months later...
Buy one from a dealer - it won't be that expensive. You just need to ask for a hose from intercooler to inlet manifold for a non EGR engine.
Thanks for the Superb explanations & descriptive content, Im a late starter and your knowledge is very much appreciated, Nice one Les! ;)

• 13 years later...

🙂 Now, I know this is an ancient thread... it's almost archeology to dig it up... but I prefer to add questions like this onto existing threads rather than start new ones. Seems to make simple sense to me, but if it's a rubbish idea from a forum moderator point of view, please let me know and I can start over.

Helping a friend do a bulkhead swap on his 1998 300Tdi and I noticed his EGR valve is still in place. All a bit new to me as my '94 vehicle didn't have one (or had been removed before I got it).

I've read through this thread and others, and I think I'm pretty much up to speed on the "mechanical" aspects of this - blanking plate; sort the inlet hose; clean up the manifold and intercooler; etc - but there's less said on the electrical/control side. 

Can we just bin all the wiring and other associated gubbins? I don't think there's any engine ECU hidden away that would throw a fit if it wasn't getting an input from the EGr system? 

Many thanks.