Bad show on ebay.

I bought a breather set from this guy who looked kosha, I wanted to fit it this weekend as my rear axle breather is still underneath the vehicle. Unfortunately it never arrived and there has been no reply to my attempted contact. I have had to open a dispute and I'm now looking for a REAL kosha seller for my breather extension :(

Here's the guys page as I couldn't list the item as it had ended with 10 to sell and 2 sold.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/breathers-r-us/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

To be honest I wouldn't by a kit.

The axles are tapped 1/8BSPT, buy a couple of pneumatic fittings, push fit swival 90deg elbows are best in 6mm pipe size, a roll of 6mm pipe in what ever colour you fancy and make it up yourself. A 2 into 1 fitting will allow you to join the breathers together if you wish.

Picking up the gearbox and transfer cased breathers, you can either buy more screw in fittings or a 6mm to 6mm joiner and join onto the existing pipe.

A 10m roll of pipe will do the entire vehicle easily with enough left over to replace any bits in the future if you damage them.

All this stuff is available on ebay or various pneumatics online stores at pretty cheap prices.

To be honest I wouldn't by a kit.

The axles are tapped 1/8BSPT, buy a couple of pneumatic fittings, push fit swival 90deg elbows are best in 6mm pipe size, a roll of 6mm pipe in what ever colour you fancy and make it up yourself. A 2 into 1 fitting will allow you to join the breathers together if you wish.

Picking up the gearbox and transfer cased breathers, you can either buy more screw in fittings or a 6mm to 6mm joiner and join onto the existing pipe.

A 10m roll of pipe will do the entire vehicle easily with enough left over to replace any bits in the future if you damage them.

All this stuff is available on ebay or various pneumatics online stores at pretty cheap prices.

The axle threads are standard BSP, not Tapered bsp.. hence the copper washers.

I know you can make your own but sometimes its nice not to have to source all the bits for a kit its nice just to buy one and done with..or not in your case :unsure:

If its any help I have just bought a kit from these people and they were fine http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370627997150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1998wt_982

I hope you get sorted out

James

Looking for parts now, need an elbow or two, the tubing and a y piece connector, so is it BSP and do I need a copper washer too ?

Gonna try this guy:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cpmpneumatics/All-Pipes-Tubing-/_i.html?_fsub=2013795011&_sid=936810161&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Correct but when it come to breathers it doesn't really make that much difference, a bit of tape or paint around the fitting will provide all the seal needed.

If the system contained pressure it would be a different matter, I have a collection of pipe work and fittings all of this type about 2ft away from me right now which contain variously, compressed dry air at 120psi, vacuum, hydrogen at 50psi and mixed hydrocarbon gasses or H2S at variable concentrations in air (currently about 1.5% methane). Clever bugger award goes to who ever can work out what that lot goes to and why, all sat in a pressurised office container in the middle of the north sea.

I found a 5 way version of one of these on ebay (can't find it now) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-HD-Breather-Wading-Kit-90-110-Defender-Range-Rover-Discovery-/280887975224?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D612240837339694118%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26#ht_1363wt_1165

But its metal and screws in, the pipe pushes and locks in on rubber grommets.

Knowing what I know now, I really need another 2 breathers anyway. (high pressure fuel (injector) pump, pas fluid resivoir (different cap for bottle) Sure there's another i've forgotten. But 2 of these wouldn't be a bad shout if you really want to do EVERYTHING.

Clever bugger award goes to who ever can work out what that lot goes to and why, all sat in a pressurised office container in the middle of the north sea.

120psi will be the rig air.

Pressurised cabin means Service Co.

Sounds like Gas Chromatograph...

I'd say possibly Mud Logger or GC Tracer Eng?

120psi will be the rig air.

Pressurised cabin means Service Co.

Sounds like Gas Chromatograph...

I'd say possibly Mud Logger or GC Tracer Eng?

Correct, Gas Chromatograph and total gas detector combined.

Not actually the mudlogger myself although I did that for 10 years, now doing well bore stability and vibration management stuff but based out in the combined mudlogging and MWD unit.

I found a 5 way version of one of these on ebay (can't find it now) http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1363wt_1165

But its metal and screws in, the pipe pushes and locks in on rubber grommets.

Knowing what I know now, I really need another 2 breathers anyway. (high pressure fuel (injector) pump, pas fluid resivoir (different cap for bottle) Sure there's another i've forgotten. But 2 of these wouldn't be a bad shout if you really want to do EVERYTHING.

I really would think twice about connecting breathers together, even more so when the breathers are for items with different fluids. When a gearbox/transfer box/axle component overheats it's not unusual for the oil to be thrown out of the breather. Joining them together not only causes potential problems with cross contamination but also makes it difficult to identify the cause of the problem.

sorry to be the one to point out the obvious but the guy only has 97.8% feedback and in the last month has had 11 negative for mostly no goods shipped, after being conned a couple of times when i first started using ebay i started reviewing the sellers before buying, a nuicanse yes but gives you piece of mind that your buying from someone reputable.

In fairness the majority of bad feedback came in the last 5 days so in this case you would have only seen 1 negative feedback when purchasing (assuming purchasing was over 5 days ago which is most likely).

It may be a supplier issue, illness, or something else. Bad form to not reply to messages but if he has died or been flooded out of his house he's probably not too bothered about his feedback, or he may have just turned bad .... I've seen that happen to.

There is normally a reason, sometimes it's a good one ... often it isn't

Since all the bad feedback has happened recently it is possible somethings bad has happened, flooding or illness.

I had a purchase a will ago which never arrived, no responce to messages etc when to Ebay / PayPal dispute.

Turns out the guy had died, month or so later his widow sent things through and apologised for the delay, I had no reason to disbelieve the story.

Not always the case but with every thing happening suddenly after previously good feedback just might be.

Not a great deal of help for those loosing out at the moment though!.