Zf auto wiring

Tom1809

Hi fellas, desperatly trying to get my 90 through its mot, I have put a zf hp22 auto box in, trying to get it to work the reverse lights and the park inhibitor switch is what I'm now struggling on, I though I had Sussed it but I havnt,

I have 4 wires coming out of the box

1 Brown

2 Green with Brown tracer

3 Green with black tracer

4 Black

Wire 1 & 2 together and push it in closed circuit

Wire 3 & 4 together and push it in open circuit

Now I know the auto box should only start in park and neutral, and the easiest way to do it is to put it in the earth on the start relay,

I've tried every combination of wiring and it I just can't get anything to work like it should with this switch in the gear box.

Can anyone help before I just give up and put a manual back in.

Tom

Cheers fellas, wasn't my wiring that was the problem, some one had for some strange reason put chemical metal around the switch, maybe in the attempt to seal it as the o ring was split, didn't see it at first but it wasn't allowing the switch to go in far enough to make contact with the arm to stop it from starting in park.

Thanks

Tom

• 3 years later...

I know this is some time passed, but I wondered if anyone could shed a bit more light on this matter?

I have the same wire colours:

1 Brown
2 Green with Brown tracer
3 Green with black tracer
4 Black

My switch does some things outside the box under test conditions, but not the same when fitted to the box?

If anyone could say which colours do which service (i.e starter inhibit and reverse lights) I would be insanely grateful. It would mean I could test my switch using those circuits (maybe with a bulb or the like) to test if my switch is faulty?

I also wondered if on this older box (200tdi auto) if it only started in Park, as opposed to Park AND Neutral?

It's the only thing really holding me up now.

I really do want to set the switch up in the intended way, not having various other cheating switches to bypass etc.

Mark. :)