AWDC Challenge North West Round 3, 9th Sept, Mow Cop

Boothy

Well time is running on and it's all go for the awesome Mow Cop which was originally round 3, but is now the second one in the series due to flooding at round 2.

Mow Cop is on the Staffordshire / Cheshire border and is an great site for a Challenge with rocks, trees and mud, what more could you want?

Camping is available Saturday night and is on good ground with plenty of room.

The camping is great and the views across the Cheshire plain right up to the Welsh hills are spectacular.

Loads of parking, it's got it all, and we are pleased to have the use of the venue.

Toilets will be on site and I'm trying for a catering van but don't hold your breath.

John Sales is in charge of entertainment, as always, and we are in for a great event, I cannot wait.

Enteries are open on the ADWC website, where if you wish to pre-pay the Paypal option is available, or a cheque as per web site instructions.

It will also be on Facebook Challenge North West, if you have not done one with us before or are new to the scene there will be plenty of help, assistance and advice there.

You are more than welcome.

Scrutineering from 08.00 - 09.00 on the day, drivers briefing 09.30hrs and start at 10.00hrs.

All rules and regs on AWDC website.

Please note due to this being a livestock farm any animals must be on a lead and under control at all times. Any and all litter must be collected and removed before leaving please.

Looking forward to seeing you and for a great weekend. I survived the "King of the Valleys"

Chris/John

Right Gents

From Biddulph stay on the A527 towards Congleton, you will just as your approaching the outskirts of Congleton go under a bridge (Staffs/Cheshire border) keep going for approx 1 mile until you arrive at the traffic lights, turn left into Leek road, take the 4th left turn (just before Railway bridge) into Moss Road.

Follow Moss Road past garden centre round right hand bend and you will see another Railway Bridge turn left into Mow Lane along side tracks and keep on this road to site, you will go past Horshoe Inn (fine country pub) up the steep bank and site is at top of the hill (just where it opens up) through gate on right.

A34 Congleton to Kidsgrove road, turn at Astbury Church (big Church big spire near pub called Edgerton Arms) there is a big green triangle of land with a small garage on junction.

Up past Church, ignore small right turn into house's and take right fork at the junction (with house in middle) this called Dodds Lane and keep on over Canal bridge until you reach the end which is where it meets Mow Lane (just over Railway bridge) turn right up past Horseshoes Inn (dam fine country pub and still is) and up bank to site as above.

Lads that is really the only ways to site with a trailer, caravan or lorry, If you approach from the other way you will have to go down past the site and try to turn around somewhere.

Who needs Multimap........

Good pub Horshoe Inn did I mention it, good mixed grill....

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be there Chris.

Are we ready - no.

Am i on land - no.

But we'll be there :)

Tomorrows job is to remove the front axle and fit hydraulic steering... so a fair bit to keep us busy with :)

What about the rest of you ?

G

Waiting for new diffs from the US,Rakeway to make me all new wishbones, and then I will have to put it back together

Probably have to take the old girl out instead but she needs new alternator fuel pump and some other bits and bats

Its not looking good I may just be in charge of entertainment :P

I was at Mow Cop yesterday trialling on the rocks.

And that's what it was "on the rocks" but it was great fun.

No, it wasn't a secret practice session, although we need one.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :rtfm:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys - sorry but Alan and I wont be there this time.

A combination of my work and some personal commitments means it just cant happen which is a real shame. We seem fated at Mow Cop, last time we turned up off-loaded, couldnt get it to start, loaded up and went home!

Hope everyone has a great time.

What can I say, I put an engine and box in from my own daily runner so I know it's good and NEVER let me down and what's it done let me down :unsure: Thanks for everyone's help and what we saw from the 3 punches we tried to get to, they were well set out for us, come away with only 2 punched though :mellow: . Finally got it running somewhere right at around 3pm but decided to call it a day, once again thanks to all the organiser's and those that helped us out, got an elecy pump here from someone to give back. We still had a laugh though that's the main thing :lol: :lol:

Thanks to All :i-m_so_happy:

Thanks to everyone, marshals, scrutineers and competitors fro making yesterdays event a great one.

Great weather

Great atmosphere

Great competition

Thanks to everyone who helped when Dan decided he needed a mud bath and all those who stayed back to make sure Barrie got back to the car park safely.

Scores up soon - honest and looking forward to seeing you all at Llanfyllin in a months time

Boothy was soaked through all the right side and was concerntrating on not moving and getting any wetter.

What Boothy will do is put his centre winch controls on the outside,

But on the brightside straight back up, started and carried on doing the timed trials section that had erm caught him out.

Here's a list :

Pos No Name Final Score

1 31 Nick Bird 2806

2 29 Andrew Woodhouse 2519

3 23 John Bonner 2170

4 1 Barrie Gee 2049

5 6 Gordon Conway 2048

6 7 Chris Booth 1910

7 16 Simon Essam 1740

8 25 Giles Tinkler 1440

9 33 Rayner Clarke 1360

10 2 Jon Hoole 1231