Chassis 109

tugboat

Simple question - is there a significant difference between the standard (i.e., non military, non 1 ton, non six cylinder) 109 series 2a/3 chassis and the station wagon version?

By significant, I mean body attachment points, side member shapes etc., not fuel tank positions.

I'm looking at the possibility of using a station wagon chassis with a truck tub.

Yes there is. I used a truck chassis with my CSW body and there is a fair difference, I couldn't tell you exactly what though as there was a lot of alteration going on at the same time (x-members being moved, power stereing, engine/transmission swap, winch trays).

The main issues are the brackets on the miffle outriggers which attch to the front of the tub or the B-pillar cross member (further forward on SWs) and the floor support hoops for the rear floors, and a strudy bracket for the SW's rear seats and belt anchors. The rest is the same. You'll be able to adapt the SW chassis pretty easily (more so than the other way around).

• 7 years later...

Goodness knows!!!

Thread resurrection!

Knowing how slowly some projects progress, and how stuff can lie about.  Does the 109 SW chassis happen to still be available?

Failing that, does anyone know of any for sale cheaply?

Thanks

Better I hope!