Fortune 4x4 in Essex

MuddyWinny

Does anyone what is currently happening with Fortune 4x4 who were operating from Laindon in Essex?

IIRC when I last spoke to Tim (the MD) he said they were planning to open in Billericay and to keep an eye on their web site. However, the web site still shows the Basildon contact details for Laindon;

I am unable to contact them on their old number or by e-mail.

They were always very helpful with parts.

Thanks

Mark

I needed to visit Fortune on Saturday and all I found was a deserted yard, no signing anywhere and no sign of life as we know it. Weeds in the forecourt. Looks like I will need to find another independent Disco techy near Rayleigh. Pity, I've been using them for about five years, a pretty good bunch.

• 1 month later...

I know that this is a bit of an old post but here goes. I use Ray Harvey in Rayleigh. He knows his stuff and is a fair and honest man. I was told I needed a new steering box, so went and got a second hand unit, took it back to the garage to find it had shut down. I went to Ray and asked him to fit the box. He came out looked at the steering and said see that nut tighten it up and you be fixed. I did as he said and it was fixed. Now I'm sure some garages would have taken the money and changed the box. Ray has saved my arse a few times since then. I have nothing to do with Ray other than as a satisfied customer who is happy to recomend him and his staff... Hope this helps... John