King of the Valleys 2013

najw

I was standing next to the camera man during that! Did you deliberately leave your co-driver behind? I thought it was very mean! ;)

Jerry Hunt & JST drove up the first step. They had to drive over one of the banners to do it mind. I'm surprised nobody else took that route. Even with a 1 minute penalty, it's still likely quicker than winching! I might not share that opinion if it were my banner they were driving over however! ;)

Si

I was standing next to the camera man during that! Did you deliberately leave your co-driver behind? I thought it was very mean! ;)

Jerry Hunt & JST drove up the first step. They had to drive over one of the banners to do it mind. I'm surprised nobody else took that route. Even with a 1 minute penalty, it's still likely quicker than winching! I might not share that opinion if it were my banner they were driving over however! ;)

Si

and some one..... worked out that the whole step section if you just drove round it would only cost you 15mins in penalties.

shame we didnt even get that far... drama all weekend for us... tyre change on the rock section of the prologue was not the best of starts and a cracked rad kinda finished us off....

sorry bill,

its a Td5 power tube framed buggy, based on a discovery 2, running 14" fox coilovers, D2 axles with ashcroft shafts n cvs with diffs built by Nige, tuning wise it has a vnt turbo, custom intake pipes, exhaust manifolds, exhaust system, remaped, water cooled charge cooler, with all the Alli work having been carried out by allisport,

we did make it up the rock climb, it didnt feel that high inside the car, i think we did a 2hr 3 min lap then, & that was including having a wheel fall off also,

found a video from the final obstical

Thank you Mike. I take it that British rocks don't have the same sand paper type grip as those common in US offroad comps?

Bill.

the british rocks have a different type of grip compared to the rocks at KOH, still very grippy given the right conditions, we were glad to have chosen sticky treps over the standard compound we had last year as i believe there was a notable difference on the rocks

All in all a great weekend!!! Great to watch as well as be a part of!!! Goo to see & catch up with old faces & also new ones!

Well done to all that were racing wish i could!!

Hope there was plenty of money raised for charity from those that used me to repair their tyres??? Glad to help when i was needed :i-m_so_happy:

Redline mike still waiting for you to let me know about the reservoir???

Kev

Mike deliberately left the co driver at the steps on each lap - saved the time needed to get strapped back in. Co driver not needed for the last 200 meters

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, I waited for my co driver each time at the top of the steps and on the 2nd lap we was penalised because I drove off before he had his shoulder strap buckled up although he did have his lap belt secured, that penalty cost us 10th place which would have been automatic qualification next year, we was 26seconds behind Nick Anderson, we finished 11th which to be fair we are more than happy with.

Like Mike we are running Land Rover axles, engine, chassis and gearbox. It was our first outing in this truck and the very first time we had actually driven it off road.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...