2012 Mike Wolfe Challenge (25th Nov - Boxgrove, nr Chichester)

art7aston

Hants & Berks LRO presents the "Mike Wolfe Challenge" on 25th November 2012 at the Boxgrove site (near Chichester, Hampshire)

Event entry forms and information packs are now available on our web site:

www.hbro.co.uk

Come and do battle for either the Hants & Berks ALRC Challenge Trophy for ALRC class vehicles or the Mike Wolfe Cup for non-ALRC entrants

This years event is being sponsored by:

More 4x4 01420 475303 www.more4x4ltd.co.uk

Wooldridge Demolition - www.wooldridgegroup.co.uk

Catering will be care of 'SPOILT4CHOICE'

Event info, Supplementary regs & entry form.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gents,

The entry fee is £55 per vehicle and if you are a member of an ALRC or MSA affiliated club you do not need to join ours...

Its lining up to be a great event

I appreciate that, but if your not a member of an ALRC or MSA club then you'll need to add an extra £60 plus an MSA licence on top, so nearly trebbling the original entry costs.

If it's not like that then you might want to reword your entry form because it certainly sounds that way!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Bob, Boxgrove is about 5 miles from Slindon. The terrain is quite different. It has a few interesting bits and it will be interesting to see how they lay out a challenge there. I think there is sufficient to make a good and difficult day.

One thing it has a lot of is thick sticky red mud!

Si

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Time for : http://forums.lr4x4....03 this to be sorted - 2 years in a row cancelled !!

If there is interest I'll take this back on via LR4x4 / membership / and talk to some peeps who will help in all sorts of ways,

and will chat to Shaun and the Woolfes" :D - can't belive he is too chuffed again over this :( third time will be lucky for all in 2013 if I can sort it

Any helpers ?

??

Nige

Just as an extar thought

What would be the interest here for say a "Serious" event, but aimed at, and heavily weighted towards newbie novices / 1st timers / peeps etc

with MOTd Tax and Insured trucks who would love to have a go at a serious event with all sorts of levels of difficultly but, with system in place

makes it HIGHLY likely a novice will will over a £30,000+ type top level entry truck ??

A Begineers / Novice event, but with 'serious' stuff optional in place for any to do if they wish, and keep any seriously experienced entrants fully occupied

but hugely unlikely to win due to experience / level of trucks ability ? !

Thoughts ? - .........

Cos I am bu**ered if I am going to sit back for a yet a 3rd year and see this dropping off the Challenge Radar :D

Nige

Here are my thoughts...

I did use to do this event and its was great, would go long with a group of mates and have fun, it was a good local event that you could use to drag along friends who don't normally compete so they could try it.

this was the years before you have to pay a year full membership to HBRO (was just a day temp one for 5 quid) or other MSA club and you didn't need an MSA licence.

Of course these days (due to doing other events) I have have both the MSA license and I am a member of an MSA club (AWDC) but all my friends who would be up for "having a go" don't and so will not attend as the cost is to much of a one day event to "have a go".

Expensive off one day events will always get low number as far as i can see..

Nige, if you do end up organising it give me a shout would be happy to help, love to see it back running like it was

Paul

Not shocked it was cancelled with the entry requirements as they are.

Remember the old

when it was first run - a good turnout, forum regulars of all abilities, I seem to recall a 90 and a P38 teaming up and doing quite well and the points system allowing even those with 1 winch between 2 vehicles to do OK - in fact some with 2 winches per vehicle calculated they were better off disabling a winch or two, points-wise.

its a shame this has been cancelled but the cost of the licence and membership for jusif it was like beforet one day are off putting for most people wanting to give it a try

it would be great if it was like before i would definitely be entering and possibly rope in another couplke of trucks too as its fairly local for us

Its a real shame this has been canceled again. My brother and i were looking forward too it. We were hoping to try and get a wolfe name on the trophy this year looks like we'll have to wait abit longer

for the chance. If someone does decide to take it on please feel free to contact me as im willing to help get this going again properly.

Andrew Wolfe.

Hi,

Its clear that we have not had the best run of luck with this event over the last couple of years.

All your points are noted and we are open to suggestions about the events future and would be happy to discuss 'different' ways of running the event or even an 'alternative' type of event

Thanks

Steve Aston

Chairman: Hants & Berks LRO

As I understand it this event is a punch hunt with some special stages. I would have liked to enter this event, but I think it maybe the price putting people off. I gather you need to be a member of this and that for the insurance to be valid, but this maybe something you need to look at to find a more econimical solution so that you can bring the price down.

I look forward to seeing the new plans for next year!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...