Series 3 Camel Trophy

series3_mad

i was looking in a land rover owner international from august 2000 and on the cover is a series 3 camel trophy landy and i was wondering if there is any around in this country?none

Nah in the earley days they were all crushed after an event or given to the local charity of where ever they were in the world

coincidently i have that very same magazine sitting beside my pc, i'm hoping to paint my s3 something similar next week to get rid of that 'orrible blue. I've decided to go with yellow instead of that ****ty sandglow colour, it may look good on the camel trophy vehicles but always seems to look carp on any dodgey replicas, and believe me, mine will be dodgey ;)

coincidently i have that very same magazine sitting beside my pc, i'm hoping to paint my s3 something similar next week to get rid of that 'orrible blue. I've decided to go with yellow instead of that ****ty sandglow colour, it may look good on the camel trophy vehicles but always seems to look carp on any dodgey replicas, and believe me, mine will be dodgey  ;)

You mite want to have a look a Caterpillar tractor yellow paint...........

cheap and excellent quality............sprays well with a little reducer or brush straight on..........

I re-painted my 110 SW from red but not quite ready to show pics yet..........

Is it for sale? Of course! How much do you want to pay? I'm not sure who owns it right now or if they were thinking of selling, but.....

Derek! You finnally joined too I see. It's about time. Now about that coffee......Do you want me to bring a thermos of it on the 3rd or were you thinking of sooner than that? And didn't I read something somewhere about you pulling your ride apart in the near future to do some major work of some kind? Will it be back together or not taken apart yet for the Copper Canyon run? Mine won't be back together yet but I expect I can catch a ride with someone.

Greg S

I guess now that you have bought the yellow you really are serious about painting it that colour. I suppose you still have a chance to paint it NATO green. NATO green is so.......so.........so........COOL!!!!!!!! I have just received word from a mate of mine that he has just picked up 5 Gallons of it. Just what we need to paint the fleet.

You'll really stand out with a yellow truck and that is a great safety feature, just like Keef's Barbie Pink Airportable. :P

Greg the bodys coming off after Copper Canyon. Maybe we could call a coffee night sometime next week. Meet at Serious coffee at Mill Bay at the top of the Hat. If you wish you could ride with me on the 2nd. My missus won't be coming along.

Cheers

Derek

'82 Lightweightairportablehalfton B)