Torque wrench recomendations.....

Guest MJG

Any body care to make a Torque wrench manufacturer recomendations.....

I'm looking to buy either new or used but am unsure as to what to go for in terms of make/manufacturer. (i know i'll probaly need a couple to get the range of settings I need)

They seem to be either worryingly cheap £10-£15 (and by implication cr@p) or very very expensive (The likes of SnapOn) - I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg on one as it is just for my dabblings as a 'weekend mechanic' (as my garage owning brother in law calls me....ruddy cheek.. :angry: )

Equally I don't want somthing that is going to break easily or be so far out in terms of accuracy that it will cause more problems that it is worth....... :(

Views welcome please and thanks in advance to those who take the time to reply....

Ive had a Sykes Pickavant one for the last 20 years. No problems so far, though should probably get its calibration checked sooner or later. Just another job on the 'to do' list.

Cheers

Log

"Ive had a Sykes Pickavant one for the last 20 years. No problems so far"

alot of Sykes Pickavant Torque wrenchs are made by Norbar ;)

i have 2 Norbar, 1 Sykes Pickavant and 2 Britool (big and very big)

but Facom own all the above anyway :rolleyes:

b101uk