safe to run with a seized wastegate

Just took the actuator off my 300tdi and the waste gate its self is seized solid :(

now I know this isnt the best thing in the world to run full boost all the time but is it safe to run for a period of time? (untill i can source another turbo)

Also are the 200/300 turbo's interchangeable?

sammy

I'll leave it soak in work tomorrow, only thing is I don't want to bugger it up completely as its my daily driver atm and i really dont like riding the "looser cruiser" lol

Whilst i'm at it an maybe get a spare turbo to rebuild, is there a way of hybriding a 300tdi turbo? I know you can on higher bhp petrol ones

300 turbos are cheap ~100quid, you can get more boost by altering the wastegate actuator.

If i were you, id take the turbo off (hopefully the studs arnt seized too!) and work the actuator with molegrips and try and work in some WD.

I have been told that the WD/penetrating oil will burn at high temperatures and leave carbon thus making them seize more.

A dry lubricant is what you really need.

seen a few seized ever but have been able to wiggle them loose though, I think it happens more on vehicles that only potter about, i.e. where the waste gate doesn't get used often.

I tend to think setting max boost to 15psi is best for reliability.