51mm socket or spanner

Richy B

Hub nut box spanner is 52mm from memory, might tap on or enjoy some judicious adjustment with a dremel?

Yes Hub nut is 52mm and my HD drive flanges are also 52mm.

so http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-4884-Impact-Deep-52mm/dp/B0039316N0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1345490059&sr=1-1

should do.

PS I don't know how you could make a 52mm socket smaller with a dremel :hysterical: you would need to add material not remove.

And if anyone can reccomended a tool to add metal I'm up for it ;0) just kidding matey :-)

Arc welder :)

As for hub spanners, I bought a box spanner, wrecked it by finding that some numpty had tightened my hub nuts to TD5 levels so had to buy a socket; IIRC, my 1/2" drive 52mm came from Difflock.

http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Sx010%20Impact%20Socket%2052Mm%201%202Insq%20Drive%20Sx010%205024209350754%20Sx010%20list

At that size, 1mm, even if it is really 51mm, isn't going to make any odds at all, plus it looks like it drives on the flanks rather than the corners, so less likely to round.

I've had the box spanner on a hub nut, with a decent bar through it and the trolleyjack under the box spanner to stop it slipping in the past.

You can add material with a dremel, just for a brief moment when the grinding stone explodes and embeds itself in everything round about.