12V Air Compressors

Pastycrimper

I'm sure there's probably loads of topics on this but normally a new thread to a simple question yields answers quickly. My Dad has sold his tractor which had a very good engine driven compresssor for inflating the tractor tyres. Now this has gone, he recently bought a cheap 12V one which is absolute c**p - really slow but worst off seems to give up the ghost at 24psi. He asked me to ask on here as we figured all the serious off-roaders/expeditioners must use them in earnest.

Any recommendations (UK based)? Cheers

T-Max single cylinder HD one, very very very good:

http://www.devon4x4.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=314&category_id=1013267&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14

Am planning on fitting it into my truck as part of onboard air system. 160l/min is incredible, and it also draws 40A when running!

I have the Britpart twin cylinder one, very good, only weakness on these is the on/off switches, but not hard to replace. Most of them are made in China with different badges on, not sure there is much to choose between them. Different world to the £10 Halfords cheapys.

T-Max single cylinder HD one, very very very good:

http://www.devon4x4....emart&Itemid=14

Am planning on fitting it into my truck as part of onboard air system. 160l/min is incredible, and it also draws 40A when running!

Another vote for T Max here. I fitted a Viair on one or two previous vehicles and they were good but I think the T Max has an edge on them.