Bonnet striker/pin - different sizes?

I have just got another less rusty bonnet for my 92 110. Not sure what year the replacement is, and am aware that the bonnet I am replacing is not the original one either!

All seems the same shape, APART from the striker/pin on the bonnet, which is larger (wider) than the old one.

Questions:

Are there two different sizes? Or has my old one simply been worn down?

Can I replace the larger one with the smaller one from my old bonnet? How do I get the striker off? It looks quite obvious - slot in the end of a striker which is just the right shape for a big flat head screwdriver - tried this but it won't budge. Even with lots of WD. Looks like it might be rusted on.

Can I swap the whole striker assembly? There is a big nut where it is attached to the bonnet, but cannot see what this is attached to, and can't budge it either.

If there are two different sizes, presumably there is a corresponding bigger bonnet catch - can't budge the 10mm square nuts that hold this on either...

I have decided to spray WD everywhere I can reach and then go to the pub to 'give it a chance to work'.

All advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

Vulch

Original bonnet would have been the pull cable type, as there is a pull cable fitted. It may be that the old pin had just been worn down a lot... I am considering taking a file to it, to reduce the diameter...

Can the pin be moved in and out by rotating it? Any tips on freeing this up?

Right. Sorted it. Here is the bodge:

Problem: Striker/pin was not long enough to clip into the bonnet catch. Striker was also a bit too wide, I think.

Solution:

Get out the grinder.

Grind around the striker to make it thinner.

Grind a notch in the striker for the bonnet catch to lock in to.

I have a carabiner on a bit of chain as a backup, so if it does fail, it's not going very far.

My neighbour said "yeah, but just wait and see what happens at 70!"

...small problem with that... Never seen 70.

I will try to upload a photo...

something wrong with the catch part if you've had to 'bodge it' that far, the pin unit is secured with 2 bolts to the bonnet & it should have a screwdriver slot in the pointed end with a large nut at other end of the spring, it just screws in or out to adjust, the catch on the slam panel should have a moving arm which is the bit that locks the bonnet down & lets the spring 'pop' the bonnet when cable is pulled.