98 Disco 1 - Air Con trips in and out (blower)

gr8landrover

Hello

I have a 1998 discovery1, in the process of restoring it (to some extent) and modifying it. (more pics to come)...

My A.C. started to trip out sometimes while driving, I dont know if it is a faulty wire/circuit but tends to cut out when I go to accelerate, comes back on in 30 to 90 seconds usually.

Either when I stop and start or coast for a bit. It doesnt seem to be the compressor as the Air remains cold, but the actual blower shuts down and then restarts.

post-41205-0-53380700-1346073373_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Turns out to be a wire / connector short at the rear of the center panel (which is broken away from the rear mount). I cant belive land rover has a peice of metal that weighs like 3 lbs supporting the console and then connects this SOLID metal bracket to the PLASTIC in front of the bulkhead with plastic rivets into the plastic !!! Amazing...I now have the whole thing held together with cable ties until I can figure out how to sort this problem out !!! (The plastic that forms the rear part of the dashboard is all cracked so the rivets from the metal bracket no have nothing to hold on to...I know this seems a bit comfusing in text but will upload some pics a bit later...