Towing mirrors

Evening all,

I'm after some towing mirrors for my 90' I have had a look around some shops and online but nothing seems to look like it will fit ?? I tow a caravan and just need some extra width to see down the sides , ifi had a choice I would like removable ones as we usually go away with caravan then green laning In between,

Thanks in advance

I too will soon have this problem.

Wolf arms are not homologated for a Defender so that's a no no.

Mirrors can only be a certain distance from the body and I think that would also rule Wolf arms out.

I'm thinking of getting another set of arms and clamping thenm to the existing arms with a couple of bolts and wing nuts.;

Are they homologated for a Defender ? That is the point I'm trying to make.

What's the max distance allowed from the bodywork of a vehicle to the outside of the mirror ? That's why you have to remove those clip on ones when not towing.

found this from http://www.legislati...ulation/33/made

The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

You are here:

Extract

that mirror shall not project more than 20 cm beyond the overall width of the vehicle or, in a case where the vehicle is drawing a trailer which has an overall width greater than that of the drawing vehicle, more than 20 cm beyond the overall width of the trailer;

2nd part should satisfy any width concerns

Evening all,

I'm after some towing mirrors for my 90' I have had a look around some shops and online but nothing seems to look like it will fit ?? I tow a caravan and just need some extra width to see down the sides , ifi had a choice I would like removable ones as we usually go away with caravan then green laning In between,

Thanks in advance

Milenco Aero or Grand Aero fit a treat to the underside of the arms:

Towingmirrorclamp.jpg

In the picture they were also secured with a cable tie as it was the first time I'd used them. It proved completely unnecessary though.

Don't assume wolf mirrors will be sufficent with caravans there are rules on how far back down the outfit a driver needs to see, there has been alot publicity in the caravan press about the regs I think its also on the Milenco site

Don't assume wolf mirrors will be sufficent with caravans there are rules on how far back down the outfit a driver needs to see, there has been alot publicity in the caravan press about the regs I think its also on the Milenco site

the mirror regs are in red in my reply above in relation to trailers.

From the Milenco website mention above -----------------------

Remember, when you are towing your caravan or any other trailer that is wider then the narrowest part of the rear of your vehicle, it is a legal requirement that you fit additional towing mirrors. These mirrors must be E-Marked. As a very simple guide if you look at the rear of your car (without a caravan) and see the distance that the door mirror projects from the car, this is how far out, you should be able to see your Towing Mirrors from behind the caravan when towing. You have all seen the sign "If you can't see my mirrors then I can't see you".If you can't see your Towing Mirrors from the behind your caravan then you need wider mirrors. Extra Wide Arms are available for our Aero Mirrors for narrow car/ wide caravan combinations.

If towing blind in the UK, (without towing mirrors), or using too narrow towing mirrors you can be prosecuted by the police and given 3 points on your licence and fined up to £1000 per offence (eg per side).