DII rear side stowage

cols110

G`day all, in one of the mags a few years ago, I saw a plastic side stowage that fits into the area of the the back fold down seat on the RHS. I want to remove the two rear fold down seats for a bit more room and I think the stowage would be more usefull than the empty space.

Any info or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cols,

Get the original factory bits and fit the proper storage bin - as fitted to the 5 seat models. I have them in mine and they are excellent. Can take photo if required but basically it is a big lidded plastic bin ideal for tow ropes seat covers tools whatever.... :)

Thanks mate, that sounds just like what I`m after, will check out microcat for a piccy and see what the damage it will be to buy one locally.

I`ve been looking around here for a 5 seat model, but all the ones I`ve come across out here a 7 seater jobbies. :(

• 1 year later...

Hi all, new to this forum and new to disco's too.

Sorry to dust off an old thread, but I want to replace seats 6 and 7 with these storage bins on my disco2, but having looked all round the net cannot find any in the UK.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers

Simon

Hi all, new to this forum and new to disco's too.

Sorry to dust off an old thread, but I want to replace seats 6 and 7 with these storage bins on my disco2, but having looked all round the net cannot find any in the UK.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers

Simon

Simon

silly question, have you tried your local dealer?

Thanks for the replies.

Haven't tried my local dealer yet - was going to do that as a last resort as I thought that would be the most expensive route.

No idea if the fixings are different, was just going to get some and see. By the way the manual reads it looks like a straight swap but of course it could be more complicated than that.

Cheers all

I think what you need is the complete side panels from rear boot with boxes inbuilt. I would try a search on Breakeryard.com, find-a-part.com etc etc and if you detail colour you have a fair chance of getting what you want from a stacked car. Most people are seeking the extra seats to add so not a fast seller!

I'm amazed what can be found this way.

Get your dealer costs first though so as to know how much to pay!

I think what you need is the complete side panels from rear boot with boxes inbuilt. I would try a search on Breakeryard.com, find-a-part.com etc etc and if you detail colour you have a fair chance of getting what you want from a stacked car. Most people are seeking the extra seats to add so not a fast seller!

I'm amazed what can be found this way.

Get your dealer costs first though so as to know how much to pay!

I'll have a punt round the breakers then, cheers for the advice!

Don't mean to hijack the thread.

But i have a 5 seater, and maybe interested in the 6th and 7th seats if Grey Leather.....

Then i'll have the side storage buckets spare.

If its of interest, please PM me.

Cheers

Oz