'T' piece on 200tdi vacuum hose?

nickr

I'm fitting a 200tdi discovery engine in a defender. Just looking at the vacuum hose and half way between the pump and the fitting for the brake servo there is a 't' piece that would normally have a small (2-3mm internal diameter) hose connected to it.

Can someone tell me what this is used for. I cant see a need for it on my conversion so curiosity

more than anything else.

Thanks

Nick

my guess is it is for an aftermarket cruise control unit - the same as I have - the vacuum operates a small cylinder which holds the accelorator peddle back to the position it was in when set, an electronic module connected to the sppedometer then allows it to increase or reduce peddle pressure to maintain roadspeed

The small rubber hose tee'd off the brake vacuum line passes through the engine bulkhead and connects to the heater vacuum valve which drives the re-circ flap. Hardening and cracking of this hose is a common source of loss of loss of brake vacuum. Small bore rubber braided fuel hose is an excellent substitute.