Defender throttle cables - lengths

FridgeFreezer

I'm in need of a throttle cable, defender-style, that's about 1.5m long by my vague wavings of the tape measure.

There's a few promising prospects on brit-car such as NRC7607 but no length is given. This style is another option: NTC3460

I've had a search but can't see a note of the lengths of the various options anywhere, I was sure someone round here would've made a list by now :huh:

Reason for the length is to get from pedal (well, duh!) to the nearside of the plenum as the new plenum's throttle linkage comes in from the nearside, would be really short if the car was LHD :glare:

I used the throttle cable from a 50th anniversary Defender and all the linkage gubbins from a 4.6 plenum (which I will fit later). The throttle cable comes off the plenum toward the passenger side wing, loops back runs along the bulkhead and then down to the drivers footwell.

As the 90 is currently in bits I will go and measure for you in a min.

I used the cable that came with my engine (ex Disco 1 serpentine 3.9).

Runs from pedal, has the correct fitting, bends around bulkhead under windscreen, then takes another turn above the heater box before connecting to linkage similar to Quagmire's picture.

I can't tell you part numbers, just what it came from and that it does fit as required.

Mickey - I looked into using 50th parts but prices were as you might guess a bit steep.

Instead I have a Range Rover filter can mounted onto a piece of aluminium angle that bolts to the throttle cable assembly. Is a nice neat idea that my Dad came up with. I knew I wanted the filter arrangement to be similar to a 50th, he figured out how to do it! :D silicon hoses were off ebay, including the elbow that reduces from 80mm down.

IMG_20120919_161917_zpsce03462e.jpg

IMG_20120919_161925_zps89c64590.jpg

IMG_20120919_161942_zps454175c6.jpg

IMG_20120919_162000_zps48d9b6fa.jpg