Fuel Pump

Idris

There are different approaches. In my case I bought a used volvo 850 fuel pump from ebay for 2 pounds which "looked" ok and I

installed in position of the low pressure pump. Tight fit but perfect.

post-25872-0-95609500-1348730077_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine removed the in-tank low pressure and installed a piece of fuel hose and installed a bosch inline external pump and claims no problem.

Another friend kept the in-tank low pressure and connected directly inline external pump with no problems.

Another friend installed a range rover intank pump.

There is also the solution to keep the low pressure pump with a fuel pot that feeds the external high pressure...

You can choose.

An alternative is to use the pump from an Efi RRC, must be the metal tank type mind.

You will need to lengthen the pickup with some fuel hose, enough to reach the bottom of the tank.

The fixings and tank opening are exactly the same as the front fill Defender tanks :)

Thank you, the approach of leaving the low pressure pump in the tank and adding a high pressure pump in line appeals especially as I have the tank behind a protection plate which would have to be removed fist.

Gerald

You could even try leaving the inside pump, with it's power cable disconnected. In theory it is not good since the dead pump provides a restriction. In practice it works just fine according to what I have seen in a friends car...This could be a temporary solution to get you going and when you finish the heavy work, make some better solution.