on topic/off topic? Bucket loads of Ladoga pics

dollythelw

First pic is my team mate Kari Sihovenen in his TR3 defender - Tapio his beatch wasnt having a lot of fun :lol: the swamp on that track was pretty good - the greener bit in the backround was bottomless... guess how I know that :(

Second pic is Petsis from Estonia, its a Chrysler/mog proto and its pretty tasty <_< next year we'll have him :P

sorry about the lack of chrome ;)

First pic is my team mate Kari Sihovenen in his TR3 defender - Tapio his beatch wasnt having a lot of fun :lol: the swamp on that track was pretty good - the greener bit in the backround was bottomless... guess how I know that :(

Second pic is Petsis from Estonia, its a Chrysler/mog proto and its pretty tasty <_< next year we'll have him :P

sorry about the lack of chrome ;)

Hi Dolly how strong are the trees i mean without drive assit they stil wil stay or fall over??

Good photo's seems that the wether was good as wel no rain??

And suprised to see on several photo's so many people. Thought the area is/was really remote but the photo's show different.

Hi Rob,

180 teams on 5 courses = over 1000 people on the move, either racing or in support vehicles, its huge :o

weather was good this year, the beach was the only cold day (6 degress and seriously windy)

There are good trees and bad tress :lol: some you can push over by hand, some that will stop a tank the trick is sorting which one is which ;) white flowers............. its all about white flowers :)

this years DVD is on the way (anytime this month) - Kim (my nav) kinda blew being on it we think, he came trotting out of the woods to a river crossing, a camera was shoved in a his face and he was asked just how tough he was finding today and he replies "naaaa is easy" he copped it later as the next river was deeper than him :)

We've got our camp video but I wasnt allowed to take the cam on stage this year (wise decision - I lost one of the digi cams in the nastiness).. next year there will be a video cam mounted in car

Pick your class - book a holiday and see just how loopy life can get :huh: you'd love it

Love the "house of flying spanners" name!

I'd like to see a slide show feature on the site - 500 or more photos are an arse to go through sized such that it does them justice.

I'm intrigued by:

ladoga_06_0325.jpg

Or more particularly the drive to the rear wheels. Any more info on what it's based on etc would be good!

Si

apparently the log book says Range Rover although Russian paperwork can be a little open to interpretation :ph34r:

I had IFS on air rams at the front, and chain drive indy arms at the back, superbly built - it could jack itself to a monster size but it never got off the line, it was parked next to us in St Isaacs square (the start bit where you drive over the podium) when it decided it would pump the entire contents of its fuel tanks out creating an interesting "petrol feature"..... we kinda shuffled Petal pronto :o

Slide show ? Utteridge........... one for you fella, can you do it?? :)

Dan - blame John :lol:

I have only had tiome to look through some of the phots, and I'll be looking at more later when I have time.#

Does strike me theres a lot of "People looking like they are going to / have been / have plans for more / drinking type pictures.

So, what exactly is this event known to be "tough" on, 4x4 or the liver of possibly both :D

Nige

both Nige ;)

The crew is mostly Finnish - mix them with Russians, Estonians, Latvians, Kazaks, Lithuanians, Polish, Hungarians etc and feeble English livers take a beating :huh: of course drivers and navigators dont get the chance to join in *cough*

a lot of the pics are from the camps so a little liquid relaxation is compulsory (purely in the interests of international relations of course)

ahh a picture doesnt give you the full spiel... turn your nose up at these two at your own cost :o

these very lovely ladies were reps for the brewery that sponsors the race (hence the outfits) which meant not only were they most pleasant to look at but they also dished out free beer........ the perfect woman?