SUNROOF FINISHER & how does it fit

Hi All,

This is a real long shot, my defender is missing it's finisher around the sunroof. It's really annoying, the roof lining keeps rubbing my head!

I could spend the 70 quid, it would just hurt...

Does anyone know a fix? Or perhaps have another product that would the same job?

This it the part:

AWR3320 INTERIOR SUNROOF FINISHER

Cheers,

Mike

When I fitted a sunroof in my old 110, I used door seal rubber. I split it lengthways and then fitted the part that clips to the door frame on to the roof lining, then opened up the now split tubular part and tucked it into the groove in the sunroof, fixing it in place with a length of the rubber filling strip from a windscreen rubber. It cost me nothing as it was all leftovers from my kit car building days, but I remember it came from a place in Tunbridge Wells.

When I fitted a sunroof in my old 110, I used door seal rubber. I split it lengthways and then fitted the part that clips to the door frame on to the roof lining, then opened up the now split tubular part and tucked it into the groove in the sunroof, fixing it in place with a length of the rubber filling strip from a windscreen rubber. It cost me nothing as it was all leftovers from my kit car building days, but I remember it came from a place in Tunbridge Wells.

Fantastic, exactly what i was thinking...

• 4 months later...

Okay, so i took the plunge and bought a awr3320 sunroof finisher for 70 quid... Nuts i know but I'm tired of Daisy looking rubbish...

Now, it's a rubber strip that pushes into an aluminium extrusion, has anyone fitted one, cos i've just spent half an hour with my arms above my head and it won't go around the corners!

Would warming it up help?

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers,

Mike

Well, installed it over the weekend. Secret ingredient = washing up fluid and plenty of it.

You need to stick it on the top surface of the barb so that it can easily slide into the aluminium slot... (Washing up liquid in green):

post-25707-0-89268100-1362402300_thumb.png

Start at the back by the handle push the barb into place. When you come to a corner just feed it around, it does flex out, but just keep going. The washing up liquid allows you to pull the strip into place so it fits.

Go around with a flat headed screw driver and tuck the head-liner underneath where it pops out.

Cheers,

Mike