will 33/12.50/15 fit

Mouse

Hi all

The vehicle in question is a 200tdi Disco with a 2in lift.

at the moment i an running 265/75/16 on 7x16 mach 5s, i would like to go wider and fit 33/12.50/15s, however i am getting conflicting advice as to if i can do this mainly from firms that are selling the wheel and tyre packages, some say that i need 10 inch rims while others say that 8inch is o.k. what are your oppions please.

Mouse.

Well given that a 265 ought to be fitted to a 8" wide rim, I'd say fit a 12.50 on a 10" rim. There are a lot more 10" wide rims to choose from at 15" dia than there are for 16" dia.

I think if you plan to run 33" tyres, you will need to get the jigsaw out and trim your arches. There's a lifted 300Tdi D1 around the corner from my work, he runs 285/75x15 BFG ATs (33" dia approx) and has trimmed arches at the rearmost edges, front and back.

I thought closest metric was 315/75X15 to the above

Its 50mm taller and 50mm wider, 10" as a matter of course, but watch out for your off setts as you could end up losing all lock if the centres are too far to the middle/outside edges!!! Although spacers may help if you cant get the exact offset you need.