Donington 4x4 Show 2013

David_LLAMA4x4

Bowy, I don't think there is an auto jumble - not really enough space. But I may be wrong!

The thing I like most about this show is that it's not only Land Rover and it's interesting to see how other groups have solved he same kinds of problems! It's good for developing new ideas and meeting a wider cross section of enthusiasts.

Looking forward to it!

We are staying at the East Mids Airport Permier inn on Sat - if you fancy joining us for beer!

Si

Hi Si,

Thank you for the extra information. Sounds like a good show then. But unfortunately I won't be able to attend, my codriver his girlfriend has decided he can not be away for the fith weekend in a row :moglite:

Probably see you at the next show! Might even visit the Skipton 4x4 and spares day.

Cheers,

Bowy

Its only 21/2 hours for me to get there.

Hauled up at home with a bad back and on medication. (some may say i should be on it all the time)

Was really looking forward to this, now the mates and the SWMBO's have made other plans.

Would have been nice to look at new products, put faces to usernames and have a general chin wag.

Lets hope its a big success and its on again next year. :D

Arrived about 10:20, after dragging a failed LR110 on to the car park. (Stuck on the verge by the traffic lights by the main entrance).

Had a quick look around and could have spent about £10,000 on bits I quite fancy. I actually spent £160ish on an X-Defend pedal box, £10 on a proper tow strop and thought about a basic CB rig and some flashing yellow lights. (I'm a 4x4 Response volunteer, so the flashing lights and CB could come in handy).

Decided that my wallet had suffered quite enough trauma for one day, so went home.

Spent the afternoon putting the pedal box together but was defeated by a missing 8mm drill and drill chuck key. A previous borrower of my tools has been struck off the "Most Favoured Person" status. Fitting my new toy will have to wait for next weekend.

Other than the bonnet release being in the way, the X-Defend pedal box seems idiot resistant for installation!

If the show is on for next year, I will go. I might get the CB and the amber lights. Things happen slow in the country!

I thought the show was great! Just like Donington in the olden days.

We had a great day talking to people (and flogging bits & pieces). Having Nigel from Hell and Steve next door was good fun.

Roll on next year! David - can I book the same stand for 2014 please?!

Si

I had a great time today, perving on some truely excellent peices of engineering. From X-eng security range to ART offroads buggys and custom portal drop boxes.

How much moneys did i spend... only went and purchased bloody megasquirt! Cheers Nige!

(however can you bang me the instruction book in the post, and some stickers please)

How much moneys did i spend... only went and purchased bloody megasquirt! Cheers Nige!

(however can you bang me the instruction book in the post, and some stickers please)

Good lad! You'll be very pleased with that purchase! :)

I had a read through the obstruction book, a very handy addition to the product range!

I got there about half 12, (went to another show at stoneleigh in the morning) and got mightly confused by the parking, think I went in the wrong gate as all the signs were facing the other way :huh: Ended up being parked in a compound that a fair walk from the building.

Really enjoyed it, came very close to buying lots of bits but I'm not 100% sure what I want yet so decided the bargains might not be bargains. Was still nice to see the traders and write down a few company names for when I am ready. Bought some axle stands that were a tenner cheaper than machine mart so in my mind I got in for free ;) Taking my son was also a bonus as I put the axle stands in his pushchair and made him walk :D Left about half 2.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and I had the wife on cash control, met loads of friends old and new.

Totally impressed by the quality of some of the new builds/frames i.e. ART, Wrex, and of course Whitbread.

Bought myself a new Delta-Tek freespool for the rear, and a new Gigglepin mainshaft for the rear, a superb new X Eng ground-anchor a co- drivers delight, and a pair of second hand whizzy V8 polished heads via Nige (who was like an electric frog, never still), thanks to the organisers and exhibitors for a great day out, a much lighter wallet, and a load of ammunition for the enemy to bargain with.

Cheers Guys

Had a cracking day

Met many forumeers some I knew some I didn't. mmgemini had a freebie Lucas Smoke kit as did Mr Noisey, delighted to finally meet DaveW who stood for ages waiting

paientley to introduce himself and we had a chat about all things MS :D leaving me with a freebie bottle opener as a fellow megasquirt fan :D, Boothy, DD, Chris T, headhunter, Ole and others too, then there was Si R and the X-Eng crew who Steve and I spent the evening with at the premier Inn :moglite: inc Nick and Chris W Simon 200TDi (must tweak his username as

he actually now has a TDious5 (I loveed the "Could we have a table for 22 in a quiet part of the resturant" :lol: ) and I am sure many others who as soon as I have finished this and hit the send button I'll remember, so sorry if I have missed you !

Had a good look around, amazed at some of the tubework, tried not to be seen licking some of it, bought a Roof MudDash which I am going to see if I can

fit without a headlinning, they didn't know either as it is designed to go over a headlinning so will do a post, Steve bought a Jack for his new discopotimouse, and I got a blindingly bad cold from someone :( and took to bed Monday barely human give now (yes hahah don't)

BUT

TOP marks to Dave at Llama for a truly well organised, friendly and amazingly busy event, if next year is the same format and value then I'll be there,

it was a superb day and I would say that if you didn't go you prob missed something special !

Cough cough gurgle, nurse scotch now :)

Nige

I had a great weekend at Donnington. I drove up in the red TD5, which was faultless and fast in convoy with Si R and Nick in the van!

Helped unload on the Saturday afternoon before all of us headed to the hotel.

Nige and Steve partically liked my galvanised rear winch bumper and LED rear lights as they followed me to the hotel :ph34r:.

I had never been to the show at Donnington, so was amazed at how busy it was. I helped out on the X-Eng stand and I also did some dealing of my own and met V8Freak, landy andy and DirtyDiesel.

Oh and nige you mean steve200TDi no simon200TDi, there's already too many simons!

Steve

Another good Donington show. Well done David. We both had an enjoyable weekend

Thank you Nige for the smoke kit. My daughter thought it very good, she took a picture straight away,

Nice to chat to everybody I met. Next year...How about a forum meet in the bar ?