Donington 4x4 Show 2013

David_LLAMA4x4

top stuff David. The club rallied lots of interest to both perspective students and club discounts, unfortunately, after nick went and spent £700 odd at X eng with simon, we forgot to ask him for a club discount on any security products <hint hint/> :ph34r:

Also currently sorting out GLASS association for the club too which is great for our image.

all in all a top (and expensive having bought a winch) day out. miles better than the last few total off topic shows!

top stuff David. The club rallied lots of interest to both perspective students and club discounts, unfortunately, after nick went and spent £700 odd at X eng with simon, we forgot to ask him for a club discount on any security products <hint hint/> :ph34r:

Also currently sorting out GLASS association for the club too which is great for our image.

all in all a top (and expensive having bought a winch) day out. miles better than the last few total off topic shows!

Ah, I do recall someone spending £700 pounds at the show and came and picked it up at the end. I probaly saw loads of forum members, but I didn't know who you were and you probably didn't know who I was either!

Steve

Ah, I do recall someone spending £700 pounds at the show and came and picked it up at the end. I probaly saw loads of forum members, but I didn't know who you were and you probably didn't know who I was either!

Steve

That's one of the reasons I suggested a forum meet. We can get to see each other....

That's one of the reasons I suggested a forum meet. We can get to see each other....

Having read your build thread, I think I do recognise you as you were talking to Chris on the X-eng stand. I remember Si wanted to talk with someone about his security products and so you all did a shuffle!

But, yes, a forum meet does sound good. Whether a stand is possible is another matter.

Steve

Having read your build thread, I think I do recognise you as you were talking to Chris on the X-eng stand. I remember Si wanted to talk with someone about his security products and so you all did a shuffle!

But, yes, a forum meet does sound good. Whether a stand is possible is another matter.

Steve

Yes I shifted so you could look at stuff. Not that I'd reconise you again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, a good balance of vendors.

I did suffer a moral dilemma on leaving. A chap in a blinged up Twisted or similar 110 turned too tight on some Armco in the car park making quite a mess. Normally I'd have some sympathy but I couldn't help thinking the damage was far less than he already subjected the poor 110 to.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, a good balance of vendors.I did suffer a moral dilemma on leaving. A chap in a blinged up Twisted or similar 110 turned too tight on some Armco in the car park making quite a mess. Normally I'd have some sympathy but I couldn't help thinking the damage was far less than he already subjected the poor 110 to.

Land Rovers are allergic to polish, it's a known fact, so yes it seems he got his comeuppance!

I think the next round of LR4x4 T-Shirts / Stash should have our forum names on them. Unless you happen to mention the forum and your username you can be chatting to someone without knowing 'who they really are' unless you have previously met on forum goings on. Like the sound of a forum stand / Jolly! :)

Tom

I managed to get to the show late afternoon and was very impressed. I didn't get a chance to chat with anyone. I was hoping to speak to Nige about squirting the V8 but he was busy every time I walked past. I did buy a tracker from the guys at sky tag which is now sat in the kitchen waiting to be fitted. I've already started a kitty to spend at next years show.

I like the idea of a Forum Stand at Donnington

As treasurer I have to raise the issue that ALL funds we get for the forum are specifically for the running of it, and nothing else.

As such we can't just decide to "Have a stand"

However, there is nothing to stop members contributing additional funds PURELY for a forum stand, be it Donnington or elsewhere, this way no one can moan that we are mis spending funds as the funds would be ring fenced for the event etc.

I will raise this in the A&M forum and come back shortly with a A&M Team view

As an individual (NOT as Admin / Director of LR4x4) I too like Si would be happy to personally contribute to a stand costs at Donnington 2014

Back laters

Nige

I managed to get to the show late afternoon and was very impressed. I didn't get a chance to chat with anyone. I was hoping to speak to Nige about squirting the V8 but he was busy every time I walked past. I did buy a tracker from the guys at sky tag which is now sat in the kitchen waiting to be fitted. I've already started a kitty to spend at next years show.

How much did you pay for your sky tag?

I really need a tracker on mine... :o