Volvo c303 on Defender

schneide

• 4 months later...

Just to update whats available in disc brakes. There is a new solution coming to market.

I followed this on the TGB forums, and now it seems to be coming out as a commercial product by a german company called TigerExped. From what i saw from the development phase it looks to be top quality, custom machined hubs. "330x32 disc on 5x130 hub. 9x17 wheels with proper offset will be available aswell." They say its in testing phase. No price yet, but i imagine not cheap.

12715763_1665895853660058_70349349648849

The second

• 3 weeks later...

Found a link with a conversion. Havast brakes. I am trying to post pictures, but can't figure out how to do it. This is my second post, so might be a post issue.

You can't buy those, it was a one-off conversion for a project.

It appears that it is not a new hub, just adapters for the brake calipers, a turned down hub, with the bolt on discs. If that is the case, and this is a solid design, it seems like within reason we could make the bracket. I have friends with CNC access, just need to get this to CAD.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the TigerExped conversion above. They have released estimate prices:

Rough calculation for prices has also been done and goes as follows:

* new 42CrMo4 wheel hub with induction hardened sealing surfaces and CTIS pre-drilled: ~250+VAT

* one brand new caliper, 4 piston, inlcuding mounting bolts, without pads: ~260+VAT

* one set of brake pads EBC green stuff (1 set = for 2 calipers): ~97+VAT

* one CNC machines caliper mounting bracket, including 3 special grade 9 mounting bolts: ~65+VAT

* one 9x17ET65 steel wheel, 1100kg load certificate from the manufacturer, RAL color of your choice, CTIS guard mounting pre-drilled: ~370+VAT

* alternatively you can also fit 8x16ET65 TIBUS double beadlock wheels (like Hutchinsons, but a bit cheaper), they fit over the brake with 3mm margin. A 5mm spacer would make it perfect. Please ask TIBUS directly for pricing.

• 1 month later...

Yeah its not cheap, but it looks very well engineered. I don't know if i can afford that route, but i'm just doing my bit sharing whats out there.

p.s. I think the caliper price was wrong, and you can save quite a chunk on that by getting cheaper wheels.

And only dual front calipers, single on rear, and the duals are only if you have the TGB original dual system.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This one is interesting.

http://www.custom4x4parts.com/product/volvo-c303-bolt-on-disc-brake-conversion/

Custom machined CNC hubs supplied (not modified Volvo hubs), Brembo discs, VW calipers, supplied in choice of 6x139 Toyota or 5x5 Jeep bolt patterns.
Circa 2k for 2 axle full kit, not bad. I'm trying to get more info from them.

On 30/10/2016 at 9:24 PM, HoSS said:

This one is interesting.

http://www.custom4x4parts.com/product/volvo-c303-bolt-on-disc-brake-conversion/

Custom machined CNC hubs supplied (not modified Volvo hubs), Brembo discs, VW calipers, supplied in choice of 6x139 Toyota or 5x5 Jeep bolt patterns.
Circa 2k for 2 axle full kit, not bad. I'm trying to get more info from them.

They sure have a lot of nice stuff for the 303!