Defender V8 Air-Bin / Air Filter Housing

need4speed

The V8 carb one is MUCH bigger and far preferable if you've got the room for it (huge filter = better flow / longer life). I run a Defender 200TDi box & filter as that's bigger than the EFi one as fitted to RR/Disco/Defender. Couldn't quite squeeze the 110 V8 carb box in.

So the concensus from the v8 guys is to use the carb air-bin. Given that im 'squirting this engine, will i be able to utilise the carb version?

Found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-V8-air-filter-housing-and-filter-Part-No-ERC8085-/251052823443?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item3a73ea1393

I couldn't make it fit when i had my 4.6 in my 90. That was bolted to an R380 in the standard 300tdi/TD5 mounting position. There was simply not enough room behind the engine and it fouled with the plenum. I ended up modifying and using a 300 tdi Defender air box which is fairly sizeable.

Steve

Mine having left Solihull with a V8 is in the 'factory' V8 position, originally having an LT85 behind it.

If you can find a picture of Nige's engine bay, although his air canister is home made, it is pretty much the same size as the LR dustbin.

Zoltan recently posted this link showing his One-ten engine bay with efi V8 and the LR dustbin.