ARB Compressor

I have a standard (the larger one) ARB Compressor to mount on my 110 CSW, to operate front and rear lockers.

Where is the best mounting location?

Is it best inside or outside the vehicle?

There is room in the under drivers seat battery box but will it get too hot in there without free air access?

Does it need to be in a waterproof location?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

John

Did you try here:

search.jpg:D

you may find a post with photos of Tony's/Nige's setup.

In the cab is the best IMHO,bit noisy but acceptable.

Mine is located behind the cubby box as well.

nothing there :ph34r: .

John

Ach,then there's a chance those pics are/were on the "old" forum.

:(

I have them in a folder at home,but the pc broke down...er...otherwise I would have posted again...

I'll see what I can find.

• 2 weeks later...

mines outside in a rear locker above the wheel arches. no problems to date!

Having a truck cab internal space is a bit limited hence the decision to mount it outside.

i would suggest behind the cubby box, engine bay or behind a seat if inside rather than the battery box. If you are running front and rear lockers you prob have a winch so may want to upgrade to twin batteries at some point and therefore require that space. Battery box also gets full of carp quiet easiliy + water!

There is room in the under drivers seat battery box but will it get too hot in there without free air access?

Does it need to be in a waterproof location?

If it's being used just for lockers heat build up would not be a problem. You might want to fit a remote air filter on it though to make sure it gets enough air. Even if you plan to use it for tyres it does it heat up quite a bit so not sure in this case.

It's not waterproof, just dust & moisture. The smaller dedicated unit is waterproof if fitted with a breather and remote filter.

Cheers

Steve