Mounting clips for a colling fan to a rad....

Hybrid_From_Hell

Yes and no.

I think if you mount a smalluish fan and clmap it with LOTS of them your ok.

A HUGE fan and a few clips then not so good.

I'm think of 2x 12inch fans with 12x mountings on each and my special rad is stonger than std as the tubes are bigger...but :( ... £6+ for 4 thats £36+vat for the Kin things :angry: ), and this is a cheap 'see if it works effort' :lol:

Nige

I just have - :P needed to move the coil packs as getting too hot.....

So I have just made another dual ford coil pack mount yesterday which mounts on the front of the engine

- took F******* ages, and when I finished welding I looked up and thought.....

"WHY do I take so long to make things FFS, .....why can't I just Shove it together as others do ?"

Jon W came around today, ...........PHSL at the bracket vs time saga when I admitted both :)

Strong though :

CiolPackmounts-004Medium.jpg

SLABMINIChall06119Medium.jpg

:angry:

Nige

"WHY do I take so long to make things FFS, .....why can't I just Shove it together as others do ?"

Where do you do your thinking/planing/design ?

In the workshop as you go, or have you thought it through, and you know exactly what you are gonna do, when you hit the workshop ?

Things take me a lot longer if I design as I go.

When I hit the workshop I normally know exactly what I'm gonna do - what stock I'm gonna use, where I'm going to do the cuts etc.

Planning in 6mm steel isn't a lot of fun.

As for the fan fixing - if its just an experiment - cable ties !! Poke one through the radiator, and cut the end off a 2nd to secure it. Use washers and bits of rubber to suit

Need some of these :

PCTCF300.jpg

Been to Demon Tweeks and to Merlain catalogues -silly money !!!!

Any ideas as to where to buy a load without being fleeced and sniggered at for the privelidge ?

Nige :angry:

Can't you use cableties with washers? I always save the fasteners off old cableties for this purpose. I use them to hold my sidelights in place to avoid screws going into the ally, thus isolating them and hopefully avoiding corrosion.

Personally I wouldn't fasten a fan to the core, I reckon the constant vibration, no matter how slight, will work harden and eventually break the tubes.

PS edited - Moglite, just read your reply, great minds think alike!

Bling Les H ?.....

Well living in Costa Del Swindon I'm amazed you haven't made spinners n lights fer Der blingin and wickid catflap macheen eh ?

.... :P:D:lol::P:P .......................... :P R E S T C P

This is a "Hotch botch see if it works idea" ..............but whilst the zippy tie idea looks promising, being me (F Idiot) I think it will work so wnat to do the job best I can 1st attempt...........

(thats why folks I am now on Plan B of the Coil Pack mount at an average of 4-6 hours per unit - and plan C on the rear winch mount which having finished plan c at a fearsome amount of fab time sees the fabbed unit in the garage on the floor {next stop the skip}, and the winch on the F bench awaiting plan D FFS :) .............nurse pills now please.....)

:P

Wheres me beer ? :huh: .....ah there it is :lol:

Nige

Nige- dont supposed you have dimensioned drawing for that? I actually quite like it (and my coil packs are cable tied to the oil filler & cooling hose respectiely at the moment, whilst they await a new home)

Jon do you have a pic of your packs?

Need some of these :

PCTCF300.jpg

Been to Demon Tweeks and to Merlain catalogues -silly money !!!!

Any ideas as to where to buy a load without being fleeced and sniggered at for the privelidge ?

Nige :angry:

Nige,

I have 4 of these kicking about they came with a fan I brought! PM me your address & you can have them FOC as I doubt I will use them :)

Regards,